Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm looking for suggestions >

I'm looking for suggestions

I'm looking for suggestions

Old 05-31-2013, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by clk6446 View Post
I, too, was thrilled to see that finally OSU had sold the rights but so far, I haven't been able to buy any! Ironically, I live in michigan (just outside ann arbor) and it isn't available here yet. I did find a place online - www.collegefabricstore.com that will have it available at the end of June which is why I am trying to put my plan in place and have a pattern ready to go. Thanks for the info. Connie GO BUCKS!
Joann's has it all and you can order it online. GO BUCKS!
Old 05-31-2013, 09:03 PM

There is a quilt block called the Ohio Star.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:10 PM

My daughter made a Michigan quilt using the "Just Can't Cut It" pattern. It uses 5 coordinating fabrics. She used the largest logo print for the largest part of the block and smaller print and solid coordinates for the small parts of the block.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:11 AM

Add me to the list of devoted Buckeye fans! I was thrilled to find the OSU fabric in my local Joann's. Went there to get fabric for a current quilt and walked out with an arm load of OSU fabric! I haven't decided on a pattern either so will be watching for suggestions.

I do like the above suggestion for an Ohio Star, with the center square a fussy cut with the OSU design. One idea I had was to do a Snowball with the design along with an alternate block. But I've been too busy lately to get any further than that.

By the way, for those of you who worry about buying fabric from Joann's, this OSU fabric is very nice. It's not thin and wimpy. Has a very nice feel to it.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:22 AM

For my brother's Christmas present a few years ago, I made a double Irish chain quilt with Scarlet and Gray squares, then appliqued the Block O into the "blank" squares. I would think the specific OSU fabrics would be awesome for the chains. (Or the applique, too!)
Whatever you decide, make sure to post a picture when you're done. And I wholeheartedly agree... GO BUCKS!!!
Old 06-01-2013, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by clk6446 View Post
Hey Tracy! Thanks for the quick reply but I am looking for patterns created specifically for the use of the university fabrics. How do you use your "Roll Tide" fabric in a quilt?!
You can't say what pattern you would use until you see the fabric. Think T-shirt type quilt, with different size blocks.

If the fabric is a large panel, you might want to use that panel in the middle, and add blocks like stars/pinwheel stars, or something like that around it in coordinating fabric.

If it is a bunch of the same logos, do something like the School letters in school colors in the middle, and blocks with borders with the school logo from the fabric around it.

Or, just use the school fabric for backing, and coordinating fabric for blocks on the front side.
Or, the school fabric might make a nice large border.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:35 PM

Here's a link to a picture of an Alabama I made for my son last year. There are lots of ways to use college fabrics.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t201863.html
Old 06-02-2013, 08:57 AM

Irish NY, I love your quilt! Thanks for sharing it