Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: I'm Mad!!!

Just checked Connecting Thread. All they sale are embroidery thread on spools. Never used it on spools for hand embroidery just DMC skeins. Guess it would work.

I understand too well your situation. I live 30 miles from the nearest store that sells any kind of sewing supplies. I stock up on thread and embroidery floss when Joann's has it on sale. Recently I was doing some redwork and was running low on floss........when I went into town for groceries I bought 25 skeins of red embroidery floss just for my redwork.

Saw a site last nite that sells embroidery floss(6 stands) on a roll for $19.99. It has 450 yards. That a little much but you would never run out. I think it was Allcrafts Supplies.com

Just got a a newsletter from Threadart.com. They have DMC thread for .49 each. I have ordered from them. I really like their products. They are in Cypress, TX near Houston. Look on their site,

It's not just the middle of the Oklahoma Panhandle -- I live less than 15 miles from several major shopping malls and several very busy highways. There is no place to buy fabric/thread/notions any more. The Rag Shop chain has closed; closest Joann's is about an hour away. Local Walmart has cut out the fabric/craft department. There is one excellent LQS about 20 minutes away but it down-sized and doesn't stock things like embroidery floss. I'm also 2 miles from the Lincoln Tunnel into mid-town Manhattan where there are very good fabric shops, but not quilting fabric. Fortunately there is The City Quilter which has a good supply of goodies for quilters. But the consumer who just wants a spool of thread to sew a button on is out of luck!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3