Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome vs. Brother >

Janome vs. Brother

Janome vs. Brother

Old 09-15-2011, 04:48 AM

hehehehe...yep... I say the problem is between the machine and chair back..... meaning me of coarse..
but yes... I do love my brothers and have never had a problem with any of them.. thank god....
so enjoy what you have and like,,, that is what it is all about.. not.. the name or brand of any machine...
Old 09-15-2011, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by sjwnana
I can not tell you about this machine... But ..i have had my Brother Emb machine for many years and I love it,,, to this day.never a problem.....15 years at least and only one.. go in for a check over a few yr ago....... and then my Cheapo.. Baby Brother.. love him silly..and my old brother serger love that thing also.. and i sew a lot....... Now,, i wish i could say the same for the High Dollar Husquavarna Emb machine.. had it 3 yrs now and can not say...I love that thing..
now my $10-15 Dollar..yard sale... old singers.. yes,, yes.. The new ones...no way..
yes.. I have 5 of them set up with diff color threads and i use them all at diff times... love having them ready to go.......
this past weekend my friend got me.... an old black...WHEELER.. machine in a cabinet..book,feet and all.. for.. 13.00.... I oiled up the cabinet.. threaded it up ,and that baby sews....
Singer Bought out the biggest sewing machine factories in the U.S.back in 1904 and in 1905 BANKRUPTED THE WHOLE THING.. I am proud of my old black baby.. she looks a lot like.. the featherweights... everyone is collecting...and soon i will have her cleaned up and oiled good but for now.. still trying to find a good name for her... she is so shiney and pretty.. i was thrilled.. to say the least..
Didnt love my Husqvarna Viking Emb enough to use it more than once a year and I had it seven years Haven't even used it in 2 years at least now I have a Brother and have used it alot already
Old 01-12-2012, 11:27 PM

I am soooo glad to have found this thread. I've been trying new machines, and tried a Janome 7700 after getting a great deal, but I just didn't like it. I had tried a Babylock Symphony first, just for a few minutes. After taking the 7700 back, I tried a Brother nx2000 Laura Ashley, and I absolutely loved it. I had thought I'd want a Bernina, but I want the new elements Bernina doesn't have, and they are so pricey. I do want to compare the Babylock Symphony to the Brother nx2000; are there any differences other than shape. Feet? Features? Thanks for all your input.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:30 AM

OH NO you took your 7700 back?? May I ask why?? I am in the process of looking into one and would love to know what you didn't like about it.

Originally Posted by grandmere2667 View Post
I am soooo glad to have found this thread. I've been trying new machines, and tried a Janome 7700 after getting a great deal, but I just didn't like it. I had tried a Babylock Symphony first, just for a few minutes. After taking the 7700 back, I tried a Brother nx2000 Laura Ashley, and I absolutely loved it. I had thought I'd want a Bernina, but I want the new elements Bernina doesn't have, and they are so pricey. I do want to compare the Babylock Symphony to the Brother nx2000; are there any differences other than shape. Feet? Features? Thanks for all your input.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:40 AM

I have quilted two quilts so far on my embroidery machine. Use either redwork patterns or quilt designs for the quilting part. I do hoop my quilt. Open up the hoops very wide and you should be fine. You can also do it with adhesive stabilizer and put on top of hoop, but that's more expensive.
It does take a while, because you have to rehoop every time to the nect section, but it is fun. Good luck.[

QUOTE=sherry mcd;4186100]Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. The Brother "Isodore" is an embroidery/sewing machine. I do not do FMQ, and I thought I could use the embroidery function in quilting. Is that a possibility?[/QUOTE]
Old 01-13-2012, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by pinkberrykay View Post
OH NO you took your 7700 back?? May I ask why?? I am in the process of looking into one and would love to know what you didn't like about it.
Me too. I'm going to try out the 7700 on Monday and it's currently top of my list. I've not heard many negative comments about it, so would like to know what you didn't like.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:08 AM

May I ask how much they are asking for the one you are going to "test drive". There are a few people on here who have found the 7700 for $1999. Currently my local dealer is trying to find me the same deal, she said that is even below her cost. If she is not able get it for the $1999, I am going to see if I can get it at the same place one of the other ladies here to hers from.

Originally Posted by annesthreads View Post
Me too. I'm going to try out the 7700 on Monday and it's currently top of my list. I've not heard many negative comments about it, so would like to know what you didn't like.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by pinkberrykay View Post
May I ask how much they are asking for the one you are going to "test drive". There are a few people on here who have found the 7700 for $1999. Currently my local dealer is trying to find me the same deal, she said that is even below her cost. If she is not able get it for the $1999, I am going to see if I can get it at the same place one of the other ladies here to hers from.
I'm in the UK, so the prices aren't directly comparable. However - both here and in the States, there does seem to be a good offer on the Horizon at some but not all dealers at the moment. Here, I think it normally retails at over 1700 pounds (my converter says that's about 2600 dollars) and some of the dealers currently have it at 1400 pounds (2146 dollars).