Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: just got back from Wal-Mart...

After reading all the posts that say Wal-Mart is going out of the fabric business, I made a point of going by the fabric dept. here and asking. I got the same message....they are not going out of the fabric business at this Wal-Mart. I wonder if they are just not being told?

At any rate, even though I did not need any fabric and even though I told myself just yesterday that from now on I would not buy fabric unless I had a project in mind, I bought ten pieces. Seven are purple and three are turquoise. No, I don't have patterns in mind, though I know there is a purple quilt in my future. (I asked about purple quilts here recently and found many many wonderful ideas!! I just haven't settled on one yet.)

I didn't find any fantastic sales or anything, but I had a good time. :)

Sounds like you had fun!!! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Ours is not removing the fabric section, but they have made is significantly smaller. I always check when I go there weekly for groceries... just in case they have a sale or a fabric I can't live without :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    I think if the community speaks loud enough, WalMart will keep the fabric dept in that community.

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    The Wal-Marts in my area (Manchester, NH)have all ceased to carry fabric. The nearest Wal-Mart with fabric is in Amherst, NH, about 20 mins. or so away. I have not gone yet. I've been too busy buying fabric at Ace Hardware/Ben Franklins in Raymond, NH (yes, a craft store withing a hardware store) and buying fabric at Marden's in Sanford, ME. (Good qulity fabric at $2.99 to $3.99 per yard!) Their inventory changes day to day, but I usually find plenty that I like. If you ever are in the area, check them out.

I went to our "W"[Mason,WV] and the lady said that over 2000 stores will be getting rid of the material. She said they just don't know when??? We have a LQS and anything else is 45min.--1hr. away:{

Blog Entries
    We have 2 WalMarts that have fabric, one store just remodeled and made the department REALLY small :shock: The other is suppose to get remodeled next year :roll: I have noticed that the prices are creeping up and the quality is DROPPING

We had one Wal Mart in the neighboring county that said that they would continue to stock fabric as a lot of people wrote in complaining about the plan to take it out. Alas, that was a year ago and while they had fabric longer than some, it is now all gone.

Our two still have it, and I am PRAYING they keep it!

Banned
    Has your store been remodeled? They told me when they do the remodel is when they do away with fabric.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast