Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Let's give some Gold Stars to our LQS/Fab. stores! >
  • Let's give some Gold Stars to our LQS/Fab. stores!

• Let's give some Gold Stars to our LQS/Fab. stores!

Old 12-30-2010, 08:38 PM

Caroline's Quilt shop is absolutely terrific. You won't find a more friendly and helpful woman in the world. She is overly generous and has a lovely tea on the 3rd Saturday of the month. She has a very nice collection of fabrics and sewing machines. Has a house (converted into the shop) and has rooms that can be rented for sewing retreats. The shop is in West Branch Michigan and can't be beat any where.
    Old 12-30-2010, 09:57 PM

There are several LQS in the Tucson area (a hotbed for quilters it seems). I frequent 3 of them - The Quilter's Market, Bella Quiltworks, and Quilter's Desert Patch (aka "The Trailer"). They all have different quilting fabric specialties, so I can always find what I need for whatever I'm currently working on in one of these stores and the folks who work in them are top notch - very helpful and friendly. Thank You LQS's - keep up the great work!
    Old 12-31-2010, 04:03 AM

I went to Nancy's Quilt Shop in Winter Garden, Florida & although it's very small, she has gorgeous fabrics in there & very helpful staff. As I was having buying a panel for a baby quilt that needs to be done in two weeks, & the clerk actually used her 6 x 24" ruler to find dead center between the panels and cut it perfectly! I'm so used to the hack & slash I've always gotten in the past, it blew me away!! Definitely going back, even though the fabrics are $9.50 a yard+
    Old 12-31-2010, 04:32 AM

I went to Erica's in South Bend, In. for the first time the other day. Loved it. Everyone was so nice and helpful. If you are in the area the are having a big sale tomorrow. I also like our LQS Needle and Thread very much. They will be so qlad to help with any problem, question or choice.
    Old 12-31-2010, 05:33 AM

Quilt Connection in Murfreesboro Tn is awesome. The first time I went in there, I brought the quilt I have started. I already had the material for the squares. I was on my way to Joannes to find material for the sashing and borders. The owner of this shop used her EQ7 software to put my design in and play with different ways to place my squares, different sizes of sashing borders etc....helped me find fabric for sashing...she was awesome. I have bought every bit of material from her since! I had no idea that Joanne's material was "cheap" till I found this place. The difference in weight and feel is huge.
    Old 12-31-2010, 06:46 AM

Haven't read all the thread yet, but before I forget....Mrs Millers in Charm,Ohio is my LQS,tho it's 60 miles or so from me.I n pataskala,Oh is the Calico Cupboard.Both shops will offer help if needed, they know their stock, & do ans E mails in a timely manner.
    In Sevierville,Tn, Ida's is my fav shop.I always go there when in Tn & usually more than once.What a huge selection of patterns & samples they have.
    Wanted to say our local Joanns isn't a huge store,so they don't have a lot....but I've never had a problem with anyone there.In fact, a couple clerks are very friendly & know the stock.
    Old 12-31-2010, 07:02 AM

Im lovin the 3 that are about an hour or less away from me no particular favorite order so I will list them by distance.
    1. The cotton junkie
    2.Mason Jar quilt shop
    3.The fabric Shack.
    Wonderful shops and if I had more self control I would visit them more frequently but I always spend too much money ,esp at the fabric shack I LOVE their remnent tables cause I love scraps.
    Rae.
    Old 12-31-2010, 07:02 AM

Valley Fabrics in Lyman Wyoming. The people are friendly, lots of eye candy there. they have an attached classroom and you can always walk through and see other people's new quilts. The ladies there are friendly without suffocating you. they are knowledgeable and best of all they have a wonderful little "toy" area built in to keep small kids occupied. This is my favorite place. My mom and i used to stash up money all year and go once a year and spend darn near every dime we had saved up.