Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Let's give some Gold Stars to our LQS/Fab. stores! >

Let's give some Gold Stars to our LQS/Fab. stores!

Let's give some Gold Stars to our LQS/Fab. stores!

Old 07-17-2010, 10:03 AM

My gold star quilt shops are, Country Dumplings in Cimarron Ks, Buttons and More in Scott City Ks, Quilter's Stash in Syracuse Ks, Prairie Flower Quilt Co in Leoti Ks, Justa Stitching in Springfield Co, and Needle in a Haystack in Severy Ks.

Since I just moved to northern Colorado I'll bet I find a whole lot more gold star shops here.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nana
Originally Posted by stillwaters
Hi I live in La Verne, CA. My LQS is the Fabric Patch in Montclair, CA about 20 minutes. As a matter of fact I pass another quilt store to get to the Fabric Patch. I have nothing against the other store but the women at the Fabric Patch are just so very helpful and friendly.
Each and every time I go in I am greeted very warmly.
When I am stuck on colors they always come to my rescue.
I can go in with my pattern and they will spend hours helping me pick out just the perfect colors.
I love my LQS and staff.
:-)

No I didn't even know it existed.

Where in Glendora?

I also take classes at Pollards in Glendora. That is where I bought my Pfaff 4.0.
Marsha and staff are great.

Have you tried "The Sew and Sew" in Glendora yet? New shop -only been there once - but seems to be worth a look
:wink: :wink:

The Sew N Sew is off of Glendora Ave. (in a "promenade" or something....)
Sew N Sew
160 N Glendora Ave
Glendora, CA 91741 -3348
(626) 852-2223
Old 07-17-2010, 10:47 AM

I just had to answer this one. :) We only have 1 quilt store in town now and a Fabricland. The service at the lqs if far and away the best I have ever experienced. They welcome anyone including children and husbands. The shop has a small dog that keep the children happy and there is a sitting area for those not interested in fabric. They offer classes of all kinds and the numbers are kept small for personal attention. They will order anything you want as long as they can find it. I love to go online and look at the items available, but will go to IBEA's Quilting & Crafts before ordering online. I've only had to order a few times because they were not able to find the item. This is a mother and daughter owned store and it is one of the best I have ever been in.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:55 AM

Hi I live in La Verne, CA. My LQS is the Fabric Patch in Montclair, CA about 20 minutes. As a matter of fact I pass another quilt store to get to the Fabric Patch. I have nothing against the other store but the women at the Fabric Patch are just so very helpful and friendly.
Each and every time I go in I am greeted very warmly.
When I am stuck on colors they always come to my rescue.
I can go in with my pattern and they will spend hours helping me pick out just the perfect colors.
I love my LQS and staff.
:-)

No I didn't even know it existed.

Where in Glendora?

I also take classes at Pollards in Glendora. That is where I bought my Pfaff 4.0.
Marsha and staff are great.

Have you tried "The Sew and Sew" in Glendora yet? New shop -only been there once - but seems to be worth a look
:wink: :wink:

The Sew N Sew is off of Glendora Ave. (in a "promenade" or something....)
Sew N Sew
160 N Glendora Ave
Glendora, CA 91741 -3348
(626) 852-2223
Thank you I will go see them.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:18 AM

Another great New Hampshire shop that I forgot to mention is Pickering Farm in Richmond, NH http://www.pickeringfarmquiltshop.com/index.html

They specialize in reproduction fabrics, 1700's through 1930's, and are in a restored 1790's barn. Diana Gallagher is the owner and is wonderfully helpful. It's over an hours drive from me so I often call first if I am looking for a particular fabric. She knows immediately if she has it or can suggest alternatives if I'm interested. I get down there once or twice a year and they have a booth at most of the quilt shows in the region. Everyone on the staff is welcoming and very friendly without being cling-ey. It's like a trip back in time, though it is a bit "out of the way". They also have a beautiful selection of hand-dyed wool meant for rug hooking, but great for quilts, too.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by aorlflood
Classic Quilt Shop in Clarksburg, WV, is owned by Janet. She is so kind and helpful! Please stop by and see her shop if you are ever in the area.

The Quilting Bee in Grafton, WV, is owned by Becky. It's a small shop but expanding everytime I go in there! She is also very kind and helpful and I would encourage you to stop in if you are in the area...such as camping at Tygart lake State Park, just outside of Grafton! :)
I haven't been to either of these shops but have heard good things about The Quilting Bee and am looking forward to visiting there. I didn't know about the one in Clarksburg but will have to find out where it is. There is a great little quilt shop in Harrisville I visited when at an artist's retreat at North Bend State Park. I can't remember the name but it is on the main drag before you get into town. They stay open later than usual one night during the artist's retreat just so we can go. The service is exceptional. The shop is small but well organized and the prices are reasonable. I got a kit for a wall hanging for $20 less than I had seen it in catalogs and online.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:31 PM

Love my Joanns on Broadway and Ridgeline Rd, in Littleton, Co. Great group of gals who work hard for its customers.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ghostrider
Another great New Hampshire shop that I forgot to mention is Pickering Farm in Richmond, NH http://www.pickeringfarmquiltshop.com/index.html

They specialize in reproduction fabrics, 1700's through 1930's, and are in a restored 1790's barn. Diana Gallagher is the owner and is wonderfully helpful. It's over an hours drive from me so I often call first if I am looking for a particular fabric. She knows immediately if she has it or can suggest alternatives if I'm interested. I get down there once or twice a year and they have a booth at most of the quilt shows in the region. Everyone on the staff is welcoming and very friendly without being cling-ey. It's like a trip back in time, though it is a bit "out of the way". They also have a beautiful selection of hand-dyed wool meant for rug hooking, but great for quilts, too.
I didn't think of Diana, but I completely agree. She's a lovely woman and very helpful.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by ghostrider
There are a quite a few wonderful shops that I would consider “local”, but three really stand out.

The first is Quilted Threads in Henniker, NH. http://wwwquiltedthreads.com Gollytwo mentioned this shop briefly, but I’d like to add some comments. Becky Weber, the owner, believes in community building and making opportunities for people to share their talents and interests. She comes up with all sorts of innovative events with that goal in mind. Every two years she holds a Longarm Quilters Fair where the longarmers set up tables with brochures, samples, contact info, all that sort of thing. You can go from table to table asking questions, looking at the quilters work, seeing sample patterns, and getting a feel for which quilter you’d like to maybe work with.

She also recently had a two hour lecture called “We are Not the Quilt Police” by a certified quilt show judge. It was all about what judges look for, how to improve your work to better please them, and all sorts of great tips. The house was packed! The staff is great and their selection of batiks is totally awesome!! The store was recently remodeled and has almost doubled in size. Becky will be displaying my 2009 Hoffman Challenge quilt after it returns home later this year.
I happened to be at Quilted Threads today, and also attended the lecture that you mention back in April. It's a beautiful store.

Other favorites for me are Pine Tree Quilt Shop in Salem, NH, Bits 'n Pieces in Pelham, NH, and Candlelight Quilts in Chelmsford, MA.

I always have good experiences wherever I go because I'm there to get inspiration and fabric.
Other stores that I've liked:
Martin's House of Cloth, Bedford, NH
Quilter's Way, Concord, MA
Checkerberries, Northfield, NH
Golden Gese, Concord, NH
Old 07-18-2010, 06:37 AM

I live in Shelbyville, IN and my LQS is Rivers Edge. Nancy is the owner and she is very friendly and helpful as are ALL of her employees. With the economy the way it is she offers a class called TRASH to TREASURE taught by Julie. We learn soooo much and it is such a fun class. I look forward to it each month. They offer several other classes and events which are also great! Their line of fabrics, notions and gadgets are fantastic. If you are ever in the area I hope you stop by to see Nancy and Julie and the rest of the staff at Rivers Edge!!!