Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightweight jacket from Keepsake Quilting - has anyone made this?

If so, could you post a picture?

I'd like to wear something other than sweaters to work when it's chilly and thought this would be light and comfortable. If you have made any other similar patterns, please post those - I'd love to see them!

http://www.keepsakequilting.com/productdetail/6984.htm

I bought that pattern a couple of months ago, but havnt had time to make it yet......... will be eager to hear if anyone else has done it.

We've made this up at the quilt shop I work at...Easy, and cute as can be!!

Blog Entries
    I'm trying to post a picture of the one I'm working on now. It's done in batiks and I'm quilting the fabric. Next I'm doing one like it in fleece and then another one in batiks but not quilted. Sorry I guess I don't have this posting pics figured out yet. It's an a frame jacket and it's going together very easily. I also like the one one you are doing but I see the pattern is back ordered.
    Attached Files Attached Files

klc
    Very cute. Pattern says "backordered". I'd love one, but can't sew clothes that fit.

Nice pattern!

Quote Originally Posted by klc
    Very cute. Pattern says "backordered". I'd love one, but can't sew clothes that fit.
    Me too, it looks like a forgiving pattern. It does not need to fit perfectly. I might have to give this one a try.

Blog Entries
    I have this same problem and haven't sewen clothes in over 20 yrs. I am taking a class now and measured our bodies and we copied the pattern on do-sew (interfacing) and sewed it together to see how it fits. Then we could adjust here and there without altering the pattern or making a mistake on the orginal pattern. This was all new to me and I learned so much

Quote Originally Posted by romanojg
    I'm trying to post a picture of the one I'm working on now. It's done in batiks and I'm quilting the fabric. Next I'm doing one like it in fleece and then another one in batiks but not quilted. Sorry I guess I don't have this posting pics figured out yet. It's an a frame jacket and it's going together very easily. I also like the one one you are doing but I see the pattern is back ordered.
    Very bright! And you've added a zipper and straightened the bottom. Well done!

I haven't ordered the pattern yet but it does seem forgiving and casual, which is what I am looking for. I'm not good at fitting myself and have given up on that.

Thanks for sharing!

I saw this jacket at a recent quilt show. As I've already got too many things on my "to do" list, I didn't get the pattern, but the jacket they had was darling and didn't look too difficult.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast