Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lightweight jacket from Keepsake Quilting - has anyone made this?

If so, could you post a picture?

I'd like to wear something other than sweaters to work when it's chilly and thought this would be light and comfortable. If you have made any other similar patterns, please post those - I'd love to see them!

http://www.keepsakequilting.com/productdetail/6984.htm

I bought that pattern a couple of months ago, but havnt had time to make it yet......... will be eager to hear if anyone else has done it.

We've made this up at the quilt shop I work at...Easy, and cute as can be!!

Blog Entries
    I'm trying to post a picture of the one I'm working on now. It's done in batiks and I'm quilting the fabric. Next I'm doing one like it in fleece and then another one in batiks but not quilted. Sorry I guess I don't have this posting pics figured out yet. It's an a frame jacket and it's going together very easily. I also like the one one you are doing but I see the pattern is back ordered.
    Attached Files Attached Files

klc
    Very cute. Pattern says "backordered". I'd love one, but can't sew clothes that fit.

Nice pattern!

Quote Originally Posted by klc
    Very cute. Pattern says "backordered". I'd love one, but can't sew clothes that fit.
    Me too, it looks like a forgiving pattern. It does not need to fit perfectly. I might have to give this one a try.

Blog Entries
    I have this same problem and haven't sewen clothes in over 20 yrs. I am taking a class now and measured our bodies and we copied the pattern on do-sew (interfacing) and sewed it together to see how it fits. Then we could adjust here and there without altering the pattern or making a mistake on the orginal pattern. This was all new to me and I learned so much

Quote Originally Posted by romanojg
    I'm trying to post a picture of the one I'm working on now. It's done in batiks and I'm quilting the fabric. Next I'm doing one like it in fleece and then another one in batiks but not quilted. Sorry I guess I don't have this posting pics figured out yet. It's an a frame jacket and it's going together very easily. I also like the one one you are doing but I see the pattern is back ordered.
    Very bright! And you've added a zipper and straightened the bottom. Well done!

I haven't ordered the pattern yet but it does seem forgiving and casual, which is what I am looking for. I'm not good at fitting myself and have given up on that.

Thanks for sharing!

I saw this jacket at a recent quilt show. As I've already got too many things on my "to do" list, I didn't get the pattern, but the jacket they had was darling and didn't look too difficult.

I have the pattern but haven't started on it yet.

Blog Entries
    That is cute! Not that talented yet!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks, but this is a different pattern; she asked if we were doing that or any so this is the one I'm doing. I'm surprised it is easy. The hardest part is that I quilted the material w/Thermadore batting. The only mistakes that I made were cutting two right sleeves instead of right and left. If I had cut it doing the tradional method where you fold your fabric I wouldn't have made that mistake but I had cut it out after quilting it. That's ok; hopefully the next one I won't make that mistake. It feels good to get back into making wearables after so many years of not. I do like her pattern and will look around to find it.

A friend designed this pattern and it is reversable. Very easy to make.

http://www.maedaimporting.com/catalo.../OP-F-0002.jpg

Blog Entries
    I really like this pattern! I love that it is light weight :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    This is a very nice pattern as well. It looks like it would be easy to make.

Three of my guild members made the jacket with batiks. They were so cute that I had to get the pattern myself. Have the batik already, just need to make it!

Yeppers, I thought the same thing when I bought the pattern..... haven't used it yet. Looks like a great jacket for work.

I have "lusted" after that pattern for some time. However, the price of the pattern plus shipping put it out of my "pattern price range". Found a very similar pattern, Vogue V8474, which also gives you a cool looking dress.
    I think I have also seen a similar Simplicity.

I have looked at this pattern several times and love the simplicity of it. Now, must get one. (It's not like I don't have the fabric to make one!)

Like this jacket. There is a site called Donna Marie Patterns and she has many diff jackets and vests.

Oh I like that pattern, and does not require a perfect fit from what I can see.

Blog Entries
    I couldn't find one under Donna; even though Donna Marie seems to be really popular for other things. I did find Dana and she has jackets; Is this the right web site
    http://www.danamarie.com/patterns/ja...oats/index.htm

Yes, I've made the jacket - it is very comfortable and fun to wear. Looks great on. check out www.millhousequilts.com and see if they have the pattern in stock. Can also call store and they can mail it to you if you don't see it on the website. LOL

My LQS has a trunk show by this designer. I've always admired this jacket but do not do garment sewing. I was able to try this on and fell in love with it. It was the shorter version of the two and it had the 3/4 sleeves. It was done in a muted turquoise and tan batik type print. The LQS owner has an extensive background in garments sewing (award winning!) and she said this is a very easy pattern as long as you pay attention to the seam that joins the collar and sleeve...a type of Y seam? Anyway, a few of us were interested, so she is now going to offer a class. I bought some rayon fabric, have prewashed and dried (to shrink it) and am all set to go whenever she is. She did say that if we washed and dried the fabric, we could always wash it - no dry cleaning necessary.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast