Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lightweight jacket from Keepsake Quilting - has anyone made this? >

Lightweight jacket from Keepsake Quilting - has anyone made this?

Lightweight jacket from Keepsake Quilting - has anyone made this?

Old 06-14-2011, 01:54 AM

Karen Nye, the designer, has some more lovely patterns on her website http://www.cntpattern.com/Patterns.html
Old 06-14-2011, 04:02 AM

The jacket that I posted a picture of is called the Upline jacket and I got it at my lqs for 12.95. I was taking a class so I wanted to get the one she was using. It has three different jacket syles and one of them is a long one. I'm looking forward to making it as well. The jacket is so easy to put together
Old 06-14-2011, 06:42 AM

I bought the pattern at least a year ago, but I haven't gotten around to making it. I keep forgetting to look for suitable fabric for it.

I'm glad I read this thread - I wouldn't have thought to try linen with this, but I have the perfect linen for it! And with simple lines like this, it must be easy to starch and iron. :)
Old 06-14-2011, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Pieceful Quilter
I didn't read all the posts here, but is $9.00 a fair price for such a simple pattern? Joann's often has patterns deeply discounted. if I was looking for a jacket pattern, I would look around for pricing first. But, that's just me being a cheapskate!!
I feel the same way, but I figure I buy enough - practically everything - on sale and if I see something I really like I'll spend the money if it isn't ridiculous. That is another reason why I posted to see the jacket made.

From what everyone is saying it sounds great but I would like to see more pictures.

To those who have made it, were you able to just sew it up or did you have to make any alterations?
Old 06-14-2011, 06:33 PM

The only problem I had was the way the sleeve fit, I did not like the way it hung so I reinvented the sleeve fit. Then it hung properly.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pat M.
The only problem I had was the way the sleeve fit, I did not like the way it hung so I reinvented the sleeve fit. Then it hung properly.
Please share what you did... I often have problems with the sleeve fit in patterns and would really like to make this one.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:12 PM

I am also curious if someone with a larger bust made this pattern as it doesn't look to have any bust darts in it. I find that patterns that don't have a dart ride funny on someone overly endowed.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:18 PM

I used a sleeve pattern from another jacket pattern, you will have to adjust the pattern and the sleeve to get it to fit. Find a book on pattern adjustments, Nancy Zieman has good books to look at.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:17 AM

Are there any seams to accomodate the bust or is it a flat piece for the front?
Old 06-15-2011, 12:50 PM

I have the pattern and fabric to make it but haven't done it yet. I liked it becasue it just looks so nice and loose and comfy. I don't like to wear clothing that is tight and clingy.