Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Long arm leaders

Blog Entries
    I have a Handi Quilter II, i bought it used and it didnt have any leaders on it, I have looked on the net for some and im not that much for them. Can anyone tell me what they are made out of, or what the best fabric would be to use? i made some with canvas but it stretches and twist! Any info will help!! Thanks JAMH

I received some leaders with the used frame I purchased. They are made of muslin, which is too thin in my opinion. Most are made from canvas, which is what I'll make my next set out of.

I am looking at a Voyager machine and frame. The dealer told me that I could make the leaders from Duck Cloth (found at Joann's). It's very similar to canvas, although I don't think it would stretch at all. good luck!!!

Banned
    I used pillow ticking -- you can find some pretty cheap on Ebay. And I like how it has lines on it -- makes it easier to pin straight!

I took a quilting class on the Handiquilter and seems to me that the ticking or a nice NONSTRETCH twill would work well. And last half of forever.

Quote Originally Posted by rivka
    I used pillow ticking -- you can find some pretty cheap on Ebay. And I like how it has lines on it -- makes it easier to pin straight!
    I think I have some pillow ticking if you want it. I'll take pics of it later.

The best fabric for leaders is duck.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all your help i bought some pillow ticking from local wal-mart! i think it will work well!!! i have it cut and ready to go on! now i have to find away to stick it on! the others as duck taped on! Is that my only choice?

My leaders are attatched to the bars with stick-on velcroe, the loop part on the bar and the soft part ( non-sticky)sewn to the leaders. I can remove the quilt/leaders if I need to any time and put it back on.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryStoaks
    My leaders are attatched to the bars with stick-on velcroe, the loop part on the bar and the soft part ( non-sticky)sewn to the leaders. I can remove the quilt/leaders if I need to any time and put it back on.
    this is the best way short of using zippers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast