Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Long Arm Question >

Long Arm Question

Long Arm Question

Old 08-07-2015, 04:10 PM

Leader Grips. Bought the side ones at a quilt show and loved them. Tired of pin sticks and ripped shirts, so even though I bought new zippers for my Nolting, I am going to sew a casing for the Leader Grips. Not as hard as putting on Red Snappers. I like to turn quilts to do the borders, and the Leader Grips are much easier than unpinning and repinning.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:14 PM

Mondo clips from Amazon are like red snappers but a lot cheaper.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:16 PM

I pin to a short leader that is zipped to my heavy leaders. Like to be able to unzip a quilt if I need to turn it or if I need to get something else on the frame and want to be able to switch back to the first project quickly--I have 2 sets of these narrower leaders with zippers. I don't mind the pinning. I've tried a friend's red snappers but they were so stiff that I had difficulties. and my frame is 14' so I'd have to spend more.

What I'd really like is a method of clamping on the sides that is more even and allows me to use the extended plate without worrying about snagging the clamp. What does everyone else use?

I buy supplies at big shows (and always take classes too) and an area long arm dealer/store, plus order directly from Superior for thread (although I bought my LA used and it included 3 footlockers of thread and lots of rulers). My LQS orders rolls of batting for me--I quilt some of her samples.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:38 PM

I love red snapper save a lot of time. No more pins for me