Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lost my Pfaff 1473 to Hurricane Sandy >

Lost my Pfaff 1473 to Hurricane Sandy

Lost my Pfaff 1473 to Hurricane Sandy

Old 11-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Power Poster

Sorry to hear about your love machine. I would look at dealers for another one. It won't be the same but when you lose a cat you don't replace it with a dog. Well Maybe.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:03 PM

Sorry to hear what happened, losing my sewing machine would be like losing a friend
Old 11-18-2012, 11:07 PM

I'm so very sorry for what you've been through. I hope you'll find that your home owner's insurance covered the machine. I can just imagine how upset you've been.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by penski View Post
Sorry to hear what happened, losing my sewing machine would be like losing a friend
I can't imagine. I'd probably start moving all my sewing stuff to the higher floors as soon as I heard that we might get hit by the storm. (That, and any computers that are on the lower level/basement.) I'm grateful that we have an upstairs to move things to if that were to happen to me.

Actually, it did happen a few years back...floods were happening all over Poland and I started looking around our house and trying to see what I would move if they got any closer. Unlike tornadoes or earthquakes or tsunamis, which hit without warning, floods usually come gradually and in this day and age, there is a lot of news coverage with warnings. When I was in FL (my original home), I saw that many people just want to sit out the storm and hope it doesn't hit. I'm a lot more proactive and would make sure my most precious things are water proofed or covered or put in plastic, etc. so that if I came back to a home that is still standing, I'd have a more likely chance of coming back to something that was special to me.

The one lady offered a machine to this OP that according to sew.patternreview.com retailed for almost $3000 including embroidery. Wow. I'd say that was pretty nice. I could get used to such a machine in a heartbeat--even if I had had a favorite machine before.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:00 AM

Wow, what great people on this board!

Downtheshore do you need supplies? I will donate some. I work at a fabric store and notions will be half-price on Black Friday (plus I get a discount on top of that). Pm me.

Last edited by girlsfour; 11-19-2012 at 04:03 AM. Reason: my first comment was about another comment and it didn't show in the end
Old 11-19-2012, 07:19 AM
Power Poster

I am so sorry for you and for all the others that have endored such loss and devestation.....I pray for everyone..