Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lost my Pfaff 1473 to Hurricane Sandy >

Lost my Pfaff 1473 to Hurricane Sandy

Lost my Pfaff 1473 to Hurricane Sandy

Old 11-18-2012, 05:19 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your sewing machine. I know how attached we can get to our machines. Wishing you luck in finding a replacement soon.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:51 AM

I own a Pfaff 1475 so I know what you mean. I would look on ebay and also contact anyplace where they sell used sewing machines in my area. I know of one place where if it was going to need a new motherboard, they do that before selling it to you. It does cost more that way but you don't have the grief. Truthfully, ebay is not the best time to look for a sewing machine right before Christmas. I am sorry for your loss, not just for the sewing machine but that you had to go through all that you did.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:11 AM

You say you aren't sure if insurance will cover it. That would be my first consideration. If you don't ask you won't know.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:51 AM

I have a Pfaff Creative 2134 complete with Embroidery system which I have almost never used. Got it as a prize and just never really used it. I'd be happy to send it to you as a replacement if you think it would work for you. You just pay the shipping and it is yours. Contact me at [email protected].
Old 11-18-2012, 08:51 AM

so sorry for all you have been through........sorry that I don't have any suggestions for a replacement sewing machine...
Old 11-18-2012, 09:06 AM

So sorry to hear of your loss as well as all the other people in your area. If you need help rebuilding your stash, please pm me as I could share! I wish you the best as you recoup all of your losses. Take care in the days ahead.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:01 PM

maggie, you are so sweet to offer a replacement machine. I would certainly send one if I had it, but don't own a Pfaff! My name is Sandy, as well, and I feel strange when I hear about the damage Sandy has caused. The other day at church, the pastor asked for prayer for victims of Sandy. Everybody sort of looked at me. He laughed, I suppose because I looked so horrified, and said the real storm Sandy, not the me storm Sandy! We all need to make sure our homeowner's insurance is up to date. We need to have replacement coverage on our home and furnishings. We also need to have flood insurance if we're in a susceptible area. Your homeowner's policy will not pay for any damage caused by "rising water", which floodwater usually is. If your home is damaged by wind, falling trees, hail, etc., and water comes in that way, your homeowner's policy will cover it.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:05 PM

I so sympathize with you! I lost several of my machines in Hurricane Katrina and still mourn. I had several machines, including hand cranks I brought home from England. Our sewing machines are so much more than any other mechanical appliance. They are part of our heart and we know them like our children! I am sorry for your loss and hope you are successful in finding a good replacement.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:30 PM

i bought my 1473 new and still use it almost daily in spite of having others to choose from. I would be devastated if I were you. My sympathies. Mine was cleaned once - at age 16 - and had to have a new belt this past year. A very low maintenance machine for sure. And the best sewing for me of them all.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:02 PM

I would send you some of my stash as well. Sorry to hear about your losses. I can't imagine how unnerving this has to be for everybody. Take care & God bless.