Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe I am mistaken!

You could provide squares of white for everyone attending to write their best wishes on and then make it for a future anniversary.

Congratulations, and try to enjoy it!

Blog Entries
    the main thing is JUST DON'T PANIC!!! It will be okay!!

Blog Entries
    Good for you! Quilting is supposed to be fun and there would be nothing fun or relaxing about trying to make a quilt AND help with a wedding.

I wanted a wedding quilt, so I made it my own bloody self, after finishing the requisite other 12 quilt tops. I was putting the binding on it the morning I got married, and the only other decorations we had were bunting made from the scraps used in the quilt (also made by me :) and a 100 tulip bundle bought from Sam's. My husband and I did everything for our wedding ourselves - all anyone else really had to do was show up.

Take a deep breath, it will all be fine. Enjoy the wedding.
    The quilt will come later.

Quote Originally Posted by deedum
    OMG, my son & his gf has decided to tied the knot in 6 weeks. 6 Weeks to help plan a wedding and all I get from people is "Are you making them a quilt?".....
    Congrats and enjoy the wedding. People also think you can make a quilt and don't realize the actual costs. They aren't cheap to make.

piney

I think the big thing, is the time a quilt takes. Perhaps Christmas gift next year, I can make one. Just not now.

Power Poster
    What, you don't just happen to have a King size quilt just lying around? A one year Anniversay quilt sounds do-able. It's really nice that they are going to get married and you don't want to miss a minute of the special occasion.

Enjoy the wedding first and make the quilt later.

People who don't quilt have no idea what it takes to make a quilt. Take a deep breath and enjoy the wedding first, then when things settle down you can start to think about a quilt. It will give you more tome to think about what you want to make. Ilike the idea of poeple signing fabric you could piece them together for the back of quilt. I did this for a quilt I made for our last family reunion. Everyone had so much fun.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast