Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Maybe I am mistaken! >

Maybe I am mistaken!

Maybe I am mistaken!

Old 09-14-2011, 07:13 PM

You are right ~ people really do not know what goes into making a quilt. When my DS and DIL were married we had 10 days notice!! We made it to California from Montana and her parents made it from Guatemala. That was ten years ago and they still don't have a quilt. However, my mother made them one! Do what you can and enjoyl
Old 09-14-2011, 07:20 PM

My understanding is that a wedding gift can be given anytime in the first year, so you've lots of time.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:27 PM
Jim

Weddings are stressful enough let alone planning and preparing for it, in 6 weeks no less. We did Everything for daughter wedding except photography and catering and had 7 months and it was tough all the way to the final minutes. Breathe and try to enjoy the wedding...a quilt can wait
Old 09-14-2011, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jennie and Me
Take a deep breath, it will all be fine. Enjoy the wedding.
The quilt will come later.
I agree. The idea of an anniversary quilt makes sense too. Time to relax after the wedding then plan a quilt.

Now slowly...take a deep breath and know we will be keeping you in our prayers.

I bet my mom could relate to you...my brother's wedding and my wedding were 5 weeks apart the same year. Funny thing too...we had our first kids on the same day four years later. haha My mom and dad got their first grandson and granddaughter on my 4th wedding anniversary. Just think of all the quilts she would have had to make if she was a quilter. haha Now, don't you feel better. A merry heart does good like a medicine.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by deedum
OMG, my son & his gf has decided to tied the knot in 6 weeks. 6 Weeks to help plan a wedding and all I get from people is "Are you making them a quilt?". They are surprised when I say "no"! No, I am not, I don't have time to whip up a King size quilt in 6 weeks, find something to wear, line up the cake and help plan the wedding and work!!!Luckily, they are trying to keep it fairly simple and they did asked for some of my help. Do people not realize how much time it takes to put together a quilt and a wedding. I just made her a quilt for her birthday in July! I wish I could make one, but gee. Ok, I just had to get it out there, I know people mean well.
don't panic...let HER mother panic...after all isn't the brides parents suppose to DO the wedding???

Go to the spa, pamper yourself so the mother of the Groom will look great on his special day!
Old 09-14-2011, 09:50 PM

[quote=LyndaOH]You could provide squares of white for everyone attending to write their best wishes on and then make it for a future anniversary.

I love this idea :-D
Old 09-15-2011, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by LyndaOH
You could provide squares of white for everyone attending to write their best wishes on and then make it for a future anniversary.

Congratulations, and try to enjoy it!
That is what i was going to suggest. It would be awsome for their anniversary to get a quilt with all the signatures of their guests.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:51 AM

I asked my first to marry what kind of quilt she wanted and she said"don't bother, I'm not crazy about them" Okay. I asked the second and got lots of "wow thanks" We went fabric shopping together. I got 1/2 way through and they changed their mind about the colors...UGH! Hate them both LOL I'm not in any hurry to restart for daughter two and couldn't care less about a quilt at any time for the first. I think I'll stick to charity and friends.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:54 AM

you could do a simple one like lovers knot by eleanor burns. It goes together really fast. You could probably make one in a week if you worked on it every day. Its not impossible, I made a log cabin in a week for my husbands birthday when we were dating, just worked on it a little bit each day. It just depends on the pattern selected
Old 09-15-2011, 04:05 AM

Take lots of pictures then do a wedding quilt from the pictures. I did this for my GD. Gave it to them 2 years later.