Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 19 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Men who quilt

I am a newbie so I don't know quilters on the board but need some help. My DH is a disabled vet with too much time on his hands. I think he would be a great quilter because he has a great eye for detail, color and design. He has helped me cut a few times and each cut is perfect. The trouble is that he doesn't believe men quilt. He is so old school that he can't belive that a man can work with fabric and be stright. Need some help in convincing him that men make great quilters. HELP

We have many men on this site with some beautiful quilts. Today I am going to my guild meeting and the speaker is a man who has made some amazing quilts!! screwystewy is one lostn51 is another. I will see if I can find the speaker. There are bikers who quilt men in prision who quilt. It is not just for women :)

edited to add: Scott Hansen his website http://bluenickelstudios.com/

Blog Entries
    Buy him a Quilter's World Magazine. They feature male quilters in it all the time. The magazine owner is also a male who quilts. It's a very relaxing past time for anyone. I would have no qualms about a man's man who quilts.

Blog Entries
    Do a search on this board for Eddie...he make some beautiful quilts!

Go to Search at the top of the page and put in prison. The first post shows beautiful quilts made by the male prisoners.

Also once the male quilters on the board read your post you will probably hear from them.

I follow 2 blogs written by male quilters. www.quiltdad.com and www.ryanwalshquilts.com

I read in a Quilters Mag that many many men quilt! Doctors, Lawyers, stay at home Dads, A Chemist. An endless list of men that quilt because most say it's relaxing and you can see something productive when finished. Besides, men love to be bragged on!!:-)

Two other male quilters are Grandpa in TN and Davidwent in MA.!! :P

One of my best quilting friends is male - he owns a quilt shop in Hamburg and is a great longarm quilter. He also sews clothes and does a wonderful work.

Not only do men quilt but they also knit.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 11 ... LastLast