Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • messed up my quilt >
  • messed up my quilt

• messed up my quilt

Old 01-11-2011, 10:32 PM

So glad to hear you were able to fix this!! Post pics when you are done!
    Old 01-11-2011, 11:56 PM

Why not just make a tiny Dresden plate with your signature and date and hand applique it over the hole. I have had problems near the end of a quilt also and this is my solution, whether top or lining, it works and adds a piece of yourself to your creation.

Originally Posted by dolores
    It has been a horrible day. I was working on a King size dresden plate quilt that I was going to sale to a lady. She saw mine and told me she wanted one and let her know when I got it done and the price. was working on free motion on the sashing and in a couple of places there was way to much material. I don't know what happened. I checked the back when I basted it and it looked good. even worse my material got hung on the foot went to get it out and cut a hole in it. and I was almost done with the whole top. so well what to do what to do watch it snow and hope I get enough so I can make me some snow creme. I hope that you day has been better than mine.
    Old 01-12-2011, 12:35 AM

Every quilt has at least one flaw, only God would make a perfect quilt, I say patch it the best you can and finish it...if the lady doesn't want it after it is patched, I bet there is someone out there who would love to buy it, patch and all...you might have to lower the price becasue of the patch, but Dresden Plate patterns are so pretty they always have an appeal...post a picture, I may even be interested in buying it.
    Old 01-12-2011, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by clem55
    Snow ice cream receipe. Take an egg or two, about 1/2 cup sugar, teaspoon vanilla, beat well, add some milk, then start spooning in snow until it is sort of like ice cream. Eat right away, it doesn"t keep.
    That's the recipe we always used. I'm originally from KY - Go Big Blue. The egg and lots of vanilla make it great!

Was so glad to read you fixed the "incident" with the quilt. Will look for pictures. :thumbup:
    Old 01-12-2011, 07:46 AM

Dolores--how creative!! Stepping back and thinking about it certainly works, doesn't it?
    Old 01-12-2011, 10:52 AM
    Banned

am so very sorry about this, it happened to me once cutting thread off ; is it redeemable? mine was ,with care, could you offer it to her mended at a reduced price?
    Old 01-12-2011, 05:47 PM

Dolores so ethnic similar has happened to me. Think of this as a "creative" opportunity and don't beat yourself up. Stuff happens. Finish the quilting. Spread it on the floor and study it. Can you embroider or appliqué over the hole? Can you embellish it in a way so that it looks intentional? You will come up with something. It may take a few days. Just give it time. Emily
    Old 01-12-2011, 05:50 PM

Oops spellcheck changed my word. It was meant to read, something similar happened to me!!!! gramily