Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
messed up my quilt >

messed up my quilt

messed up my quilt

Old 01-11-2011, 09:28 AM

[/quote]

Dont use yellow snow it doesnt taste like lemon sherbert![/quote]

LOL thats to funny..... On the other hand.. so sorry to hear about your quilt.. I am sure you can fix it... Quilters are the most amzing people!!! They can do anything...
Old 01-11-2011, 09:39 AM

Can you patch the place that you tore with a cute topic related picture? A flower or something? Please don't give up, sometimes mistakes lead to a charming new idea.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by dolores
It has been a horrible day. I was working on a King size dresden plate quilt that I was going to sale to a lady. She saw mine and told me she wanted one and let her know when I got it done and the price. was working on free motion on the sashing and in a couple of places there was way to much material. I don't know what happened. I checked the back when I basted it and it looked good. even worse my material got hung on the foot went to get it out and cut a hole in it. and I was almost done with the whole top. so well what to do what to do watch it snow and hope I get enough so I can make me some snow creme. I hope that you day has been better than mine.
What is snow creme please? Sorry I asked before I read the rest of the thread!! I have lived in Michigan most of my life and traveled alot and I have never heard of it!! but in the Grand Rapids area where I live we have local made Hudsonville Ice Cream so that's my comfort!!
Old 01-11-2011, 11:04 AM

How about putting your quilt label over the hole. Will that work?
Old 01-11-2011, 11:07 AM

im sure a lot of us have had days like that , just walk away from it and come back later
Old 01-11-2011, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Lucymae
I know how you feel. Yesterday we were snowed in. I spent most of it on one block. Finally gave up at midnight.

When we lived in NY we would boil maple syrup to soft boil stage and then pour over packed snow. Yummy like taffy.
One of my favorite childhood memories!

Blessings...
Old 01-11-2011, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by polly13
Originally Posted by Lucymae
I know how you feel. Yesterday we were snowed in. I spent most of it on one block. Finally gave up at midnight.

When we lived in NY we would boil maple syrup to soft boil stage and then pour over packed snow. Yummy like taffy.
One of my favorite childhood memories!

Blessings...
Whoops----wrote in your quote, Lucymae-----this is one of my favorite childhood memories. Perhaps not yours, as I wrote in your quote.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:31 AM

Here is an update on my quilt. I spent all morning taking out the stitching in that area. The hole was close to the seam and seemed to go along the seam. So I took my spray starch and sprayed it real good. and then patted the extra material down and folded over a small seam and hand stitched and took the hair dryer and dried the material and then done FMQ along that and you can't even tell that there was ever a hole there to begin with. Thank God for the lady that done the starch thing with a quilt block. I saw it a while back on utube. Sharon Shcramber or something. and thank God it was close to a seam. If it had been on the back it wouldn't have been a big deal, but it was on the front. So thank you ladies for letting me vent. I was so mad at myself and noone around here quilts or cares that I quilt but me. I fixed it. So now to cut the binding and get it on. I will be so glad to get it done I could probably do a crazy dance. thanks for the suggestions and understanding. You ladies are the best.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:22 PM

That is so disheartening. Step away for awhile. So sorry about this.
Susan
Old 01-11-2011, 10:20 PM

I hope the hole is in a place you can applique a small piece of fabric! :-)