Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
mixing batiks with other quilting fabric? >

mixing batiks with other quilting fabric?

mixing batiks with other quilting fabric?

Old 09-05-2010, 12:27 PM

Using blenders is a good idea--I'll keep that in mind, Kristen. I like your handiwork, too. And I just realized, looking at your quilt, that the inspiration for the New York Beauty blocks comes from the Statue of Liberty's crown!
Old 09-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Kas

Originally Posted by Marcia_PA
Using blenders is a good idea--I'll keep that in mind, Kristen. I like your handiwork, too. And I just realized, looking at your quilt, that the inspiration for the New York Beauty blocks comes from the Statue of Liberty's crown!
I had never thought of that, either! It is very obvious in your beautiful quilt, Kristen. What a lucky Daddy!
Old 09-05-2010, 05:52 PM

OM GOSH! I didn't realize that. I kept thinking what made them think of naming this block New York Beauty - Ok dumb blond alert LOL :-)
Old 09-05-2010, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Kas
I had never thought of that, either! It is very obvious in your beautiful quilt, Kristen. What a lucky Daddy!
Thanks. I had a fun time with that quilt and could hardly wait to give it to him. I am not very good at surprises either receiving them or giving them. The wait was worth it in the end he totally love it.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ardelle Coult
The squares are 10 1/2" I took the quilt to the quilt shop in Coos Bay to be quilted - I asked for it to be stippled with variegated thread - I had a friend pick it up for me and when I opened it it was quilted "sorta"in the ditch with light gray thread. I almost fainted. I spent an entire winter taking the quilting out and hand quilting it. So I am just using it as a spread. Live and learn!
Oh, that's just awful!! :shock: I might've been inclined to have the LA'er remove all those stitches. Didn't this LA'er have some sort of work order or something where you stipulated exactly what you wished to have her do to your quilt?