Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My quilting vent >

My quilting vent

My quilting vent

Old 05-09-2011, 01:10 AM

What I do if I get frustrated I change to some thing completely different for a while to cool down. Then when I return, it is like starting all over again but with all the knowledge that I have in making the quilted at my finger tips and the books to help me start again.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:57 AM

Stop being so hard on yourself. No ones quilt is ever perfect. The Amish say they put a deliberate mistake in their quilts because the only perfect thing is God.
Just enjoy the process, stop trying so hard. Relax and enjoy what you have accomplished.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ljgraham
Stop being so hard on yourself. No ones quilt is ever perfect. The Amish say they put a deliberate mistake in their quilts because the only perfect thing is God.
Just enjoy the process, stop trying so hard. Relax and enjoy what you have accomplished.
I've always thought putting a "deliberate" mistake in a quilt was a strange custom - I always manage to put one in without trying!

Quote from usewgirl:
SOME DAYS (LIKE TODAY) I FEEL THIS EXACT SAME WAY ABOUT BEING A MOTHER AND WHEN MY CHILDREN (AGES 17 TO 36)DRIVE ME TO THIS POINT, I TURN TO THE QUILTING BOARD AND ADMIRE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE DONE OR FEEL SOME OF MY FABRIC AND DREAM OF ANOTHER QUILT I WILL SOMEDAY START.

Add in the husband, other relatives, pets, and house.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:25 PM

Try to relax by leaving it alone for a few days and do something fun then in a few days you'll want to go back and beat it. I know that's what I have to do it always seems to be something that doesn't want to do what you want. I think you probably are stressing yourself out to much because you are planning to have a business and then you have no one to help you. It'll be ok and I'm planning a king wedding ring quilt next and I thought I was nuts until I have had so much encourgement from the great quilters here. Good Luck & Hugs. Sue
Old 05-11-2011, 10:31 AM

I've only been quilting a year also, and feel the way you do some days. I really don't like piecing because I haven't perfected the 1/4" seam either. I really love applique though and plan to make that my main quilting. It is just so easy to me and so many on here say they are afraid to try it. I really just love it. Maybe you should give it a try before you give up totally. There are a whole lot less seams to match up perfect with applique. Hope this helps....
Old 05-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for sharing your pain!
You need to put it all away for awhile...but DO NOT sell anything yet!
Take time to reflect and do other things. Understand why you wanted to quilt in the first place.
Take a vacation...sounds like you really need one! Unwind and enjoy!
If after a year, you don't get the "itch" to quilt again, then consider selling out.
But please, don't do anything rash right now!!!
Let us know how things are going for you...we all have our struggles! We are here for you!
Old 05-12-2011, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by btiny36
.The closest place to take classes is 1hr 30minutes away..... :-(
Take the time to go anyway!! Make a day of it. Maybe you have a friend who can go with you even if she doesn't quilt.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:38 AM

I think this poor gal was so upset with everything that she hasn't been on the board to reply to all of the kind, encouraging posts.

I myself keep clicking on the emails I get saying someone commented on this subject hoping to hear from her.

What a great bunch of people on this board!!
Old 05-20-2011, 04:50 PM

When I get discouraged, I do an easy one, like a Turning Twenty, and admire the beautiful and useful thing I have created. Different times I enjoy different things.... I always have various projects to move between depending on my mood or circumstances at the time. Do what feels good to you!
Old 05-20-2011, 07:34 PM

Girl, I am with you..... I have spent a lot of money and I have the same results as you. I am determined to overcome this I refuse to let this make me quit. Hang in there!!!