Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Necktie Memory Quilt - Need Ideas/Pattern!

Help! I have a commissioned quilt to have done by Christmas made out of neckties. Any ideas, pictures, inspiration, patterns would be greatly appreciated!

Blog Entries
    What about cutting them into shapes to arrange them like a dresden plate? I have no idea if it would work or how. Another reference for something for ties would be the book, "Daddy's Ties" by Shirley Botsford. I think she's even got a quilt pattern in there. I know our library has a copy of it, maybe yours would too!

did you do a Search? There are several older posts that might be just the one for you

Quote Originally Posted by DawnMarie
    What about cutting them into shapes to arrange them like a dresden plate? I have no idea if it would work or how. Another reference for something for ties would be the book, "Daddy's Ties" by Shirley Botsford. I think she's even got a quilt pattern in there. I know our library has a copy of it, maybe yours would too!
    This was the first idea that came into my head too! Good luck! And be sure to post a pic of it when you get it done.

Just did a tie quilt for a cutomer. She cut the ties apart and used the bow tie pattern.

Attached are photos I took at the 2010 Houston International quilt festival of a quilt that was made from neckties. I thought this was quite unique.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Wow!! I'm breathless! Not sure my customer would have been able to afford this one!! I did get mine done. Might post pics, but have to recover from seeing this one first!!