Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
In need of EQ5 assistance! >

In need of EQ5 assistance!

In need of EQ5 assistance!

Old 08-31-2013, 04:07 PM

Default In need of EQ5 assistance!

Hi everyone!

I was tinkering in EQ5 for a friend's baby quilt (she's actually one of my bridemaids, she's due about a month after my wedding in October, eek!), and I know she's going to love the pattern I came up with (it's a ship from Firefly, one of her favorite TV shows).

Here's a link to the template in EQ5! http://i.imgur.com/rzrvntR.png

Now, my issue is that while I made the blocks in the block editor on a 6x6'' grid, I resized and adjusted them to get the proportions just right. How would I go about exporting the modified dimension blocks, not the ones I originally set up in the block editor? This is for a baby quilt, so it's going to need to be a bit bigger than 6x6''!

If it's not possible to do that here, could I do it in a newer version? I could ask my future DMIL to do it for me, I'm just not sure what button or option I need to click to get this to work.

Thank you so much!
Old 08-31-2013, 07:55 PM

Sorry, can't help you out - I have EQ7 and my goal is to learn how to use it this winter!
Old 08-31-2013, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 View Post
Sorry, can't help you out - I have EQ7 and my goal is to learn how to use it this winter!
Ditto. I have EQ7 and EQStitch that I have to work on! Sorry.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:19 AM

I'm no pro at EQ, but I think that when you create your quilt in EQ, you put in your block size in the layout section. It should automatically resize the block when you add it to the quilt. Clear as mud?
Old 09-01-2013, 08:29 AM
Power Poster

Looking at your quilt, I think you probably used the custom set layout??? I have EQ7 and it may be different - but when I select a block in that layout to move it or change its size, it shows me the current size of the block up in the upper part of the screen, along with the coordinates of that block. As you move the block, you will see the coordinates change, and as you resize it you will see the sizes change. You could write down the size for each block from that display.