Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need motivation >

Need motivation

Need motivation

Old 01-26-2009, 12:01 AM

((hugs)) from the other side of the world.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:11 AM

Oh my Dear, I know exactly what you are going thru. I lost my half brother just a year ago. DH the first part of Nov. & my good hunting buddy the day after Thanksgiving. The same night as we had gotten my elk.

There are still some days, I just wander around the house. Can't settle down to do anything. Will read a sentence or 2, start cutting fabric, put it away, sew a couple of blocks on the levi "Billie blankets". Push a little snow off the deck. Just seems like I am spinning my wheels. Other days, are just not long enough. Up early, start the dishes, cut fabric, vacumn, dust, do laundry, etc. I have learned to just take 1 day at a time. Am finding, through my journeling, that I am slooowly getting more accomplished each day.

It's tough, d**** tough to keep going but when I get weepy, I just stop what I am doing, get those sinus' cleared, blow the ol nose & continue on. "pull up my big girl panties, & deal with it".

I think the hardest part is the NOT sharing of conversation. When I see something unusual, hear something I want to share, there is no one there to talk to. But if my dogs could talk, I'd have to sew their mouths shut!! LOL

I gues what I am saying, is take your time. Baby steps. And before you know it, all of a sudden when you look back, you have accomplished quite a bit!

hugs go out to you.

Billie