Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help! I need motivation!!!

I feel like a brand new quilter again. It's been a few years, but, I made a queen size sampler quilt and a few simple baby quilts. I need a huge push to get started again! I keep accumulating more fabric for 'one of these days' :-) You guys seem so helpful and fun! :D By the way, I'm just learning how to use my computer too. Please help!

Just keep reading this board and looking at all the gorgeous quilts on here!! Lots of motivation and inspiration to be had!!!! We like to see pictures so show us what you got so we can ooooh & ahh over them :lol:
    And welcome to the board, glad you joined us!!

Welcome from Maine.

Welcomr Deb!

Welcome to the board from Indiana!! I'd be happy to send you a few links if you're interested in some freebies online....just let me know. :D

Welcome from sunny Spain. Love your moving avatar. very clever

Elle

Blog Entries
    Hi from Mass. another Deb. Can't have to many Debs. By the way what kind of ideas did you have for making a quilt.

Welcome!!!! Park that bus and come to the board! They keep me motivated everyday.. Remember if we can do it .. SO CAN YOU!

Good morning, everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome! :D I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. I've been reading and admiring all of your beautiful quilts for several months now and have gotten much inspiration already. I'm the grandma of a 2 yr. old little girl so I think I want to start a quilt for her first. It will have to be simple or else maybe I should take a class so I don't feel so intimadated. I know I sound pretty pathetic, don't I?

Blog Entries
    No. And may be a 9 patch so you can get use to quilting again.(just like ridding a bike. ).

Welcome from Northern Michigan, You can do anything you set your mind to!! I'm new to quilting too. But am willing to experiment. Good Luck and have fun on the board with us.

What about the Disappearing 9-Patch. It is easy and will go together quick. Do a search on here and you will find the directions. Here is a link that to a picture that was just posted.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/8575.page
    Welcome from Missouri. You are really going to like it here.

Earlier someone mentioned the search feature and the disappearing 9 patch
    http://quiltsatcs.blogspot.com/2007/04/disappearing-9-patch-tutorial.html
    and here's another http://justpurelovely.typepad.com/justpurelovely/2008/02/project-a-tutor.html

Thanks for the suggestion. I see some 9 patch action in my near future!! :-)

Look at the tutorials that ShellyQ has put out, she makes the method so easy to understand you'll be sewing at full steam again. You are going to have some fun...

Welcome Deb!! Quilts for my grandkids are the most fun of all. How about the pattern Yellow Brick Road? It is fun and easy and you can put the whole top together from just a few fat quarters and a couple of hours of your time. Good luck and be sure to show us what you finally make!! Here is a link to the pattern so you can see what it looks like

http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/Browse_dept_items.asp?Store_id=588&page_id=17

Take a look at Railroad tracks, it's pictured in my avatar. (my second quilt, by the way) It was very easy for a beginner. (I made it for my first grandson) Take a look at the website listed below, there are more patterns than anyone can count! What I've learned has been off the internet and this message board. It's all here.

http://www.quilterscache.com/

p.s.---welcome from sunny California
    ~Joan

Retro girl,

I love the disappearing nine patch. I have been quilting 40 yrs and never seen that pattern. It will be great for my Linus quilts and baby quilts. Thanks for the links. My bookmark list is starting to look like the encyclopedia.

Welcome! I get a lot of my inspiration from magazines, websites and seeing what others do here. This is a fantastic bunch of people here, and everyone here is soooo talented!

Welcome from Southern California! You'll find a lot of inspiration by looking at all the pics posted on this site. I also like the Fat Quarter Quilters
    http://www.fatquarterquilters.com/ and the Fat Quarter Shop http://www.fatquartershop.com/. There's enough there to keep you busy for years! Also take a look at Quiltville.com--that lady is the Queen of Scrap Quilts (and our own ShadowDancer is the Reigning Princess!) Lots of inspiration out there!

Welcome from Central Illinois Debmac. If you wanna get some quick motivation...take a look at the list and pics of the Blocks of the Month! Thats where I finally got the "ok I'm gonna DO THIS" bug after researching and wanting to quilt for a couple of years!!

Here's the link to the list page...just click it and you'll go right to it :)

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/841.page

Well, I'm getting more motiated every time I get back here! It takes me a while to do this and figure out how to reply. I'm just learning how to work the computer and many times have to yell for help! Tomorrow I'm finally going to the store for my fabric to start my baby Quilt. I really like all the suggestions to make a disappearing 9 patch. Wish me luck- I have a hard time picking out colors.

Ah, don't worry about the colors. If you're still unsure you can show us the colors you picked out and we can help. :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    go to the site Quilterscache.com they have many patterns and they are all free. It's a good place to start. I've made several off that site.

Welcome from the Ozarks. You will find so much help and inspiration from this site. Can't go wrong with the disappearing nine patch, have fun.