Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need a Pick Me Up to Try Something New with Quilting? >

Need a Pick Me Up to Try Something New with Quilting?

Need a Pick Me Up to Try Something New with Quilting?

Old 02-18-2012, 11:19 AM

Default Need a Pick Me Up to Try Something New with Quilting?

In the last 6 months, I have needed to almost force myself to accomplish anything quilt related. There are numerous reasons, I will not go into. Reading posts on this forum is a wonderful uplifting experience every time I log in. You all share inspiring photos, interesting links, videos and stories that make me laugh and well the list just goes on and on. I want to thank each and everyone of you.

My latest adventure in quilting is learning Free Motion Machine Embroidery. I am enjoying it so much!!! Well in searching the internet for any information, blogs, photos of this process; I came across this site Colouricious. Within just a short time, it had me inspired to attempt so many different aspects of creating with fabrics. It was (to me) out of this world amazing.

I do not know if it has been recommended by anyone else...but here is one of the links to their site. I really do recommend checking it out. Aside from free motion embroidery they incorporate a lot of ways to recycle fabrics, threads, clothing and so much more. After checking out their site, check out their videos on You Tube. I really enjoyed every single video I have watched so far.

Hopefully these links will appear properly...so you can click on it and it will take you to the site. If not, just type in the address or copy and paste it into your search bar.

http://blog.colouricious.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxaYX2i5s78
Old 02-18-2012, 11:24 AM

One thing I forgot to mention....Coloricious on You Tube has 110 videos. I definitely added it to my favorites list and will be spending down time, watching the videos, reading the articles and picking myself up to start a new project or finish an old project. I am rambling on again. Sorry, again hope you enjoy.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:33 PM
Power Poster

I have found that just making myself get started is all it takes!!!
Old 02-18-2012, 05:42 PM
JT

Very timely that you posted this. I had bought some embroidery patterns of toy sewing machines, since I collect toy sewing machines. I've been dragging my feet in learning embroidery. I've also been wondering if I could do it free motion, since I'm learning free motion and just did an applique of a boxer dog, and did some thread painting/free motion on it. It turned out great. Now I can try the free motion on my toy sewing machine project. Thanks for the great links!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:16 PM

inspiration is all it takes ---this is the community in which you will find it
Old 02-20-2012, 08:27 PM

It is only because of this board that I am almost 3,000 of 6,000 hexies into a Hand EPP GFG. Great inspiration right when I was looking for a portable hand pieced quilt.

Love it!

Tara