Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need quick & easy ideas for bridal shower gift

I was invited to a bridal shower recently and they set the date for it. It was a timing issue with the family's schedules. It is to be held on Mother's Day in the evening.
    I have been travelling quite a bit and am home now, but with company in and out. I will have a small bit of time available for sewing and need some ideas for a gift. The easiest thing I can think of are pillowcases, or maybe a homemade apron with large jars of spices. It is a young couple (19 & 20) so traditional may not be the way to go....not sure.

Any ideas????

What about hotpads, napkins, table runner, etc in the modern prints.

pillow cases sure would be nice.

One of my favorite "quick" gifts is a rolling pin with dollar bills taped together and rolled around it. With a cover that says "May you always be rolling in dough".

If you're thinking of something sewn ... how about a simple table topper or runner?

Otherwise, for time's sake ... just go and buy something!

One cute idea would be to get a small tool box. Deco it up for her. Put in small screw drivers of assorted sizes. a hammer, small nails for picture hanging etc. These items will come in handy for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE
    If you're thinking of something sewn ... how about a simple table topper or runner?

Otherwise, for time's sake ... just go and buy something!
    I did a "spaghetti dinner" gift for a bridal shower. bought a colinder and filled it with a jar of spaghetti sauce, pkg. of spaghetti, grated cheese. added a wooden spoon. tongs and a couple pot holders. Wrapped it in celephane with a big bow. The bride was thrilled!

Blog Entries
    Being you are short on time here's an idea. Buy a clothes basket and add to it toilet paper, paper towels, laundry soap and softner, kleenix, paper napkins and things that are essential to run a home. You don't always have to be crafty. Be crafty later, if you wish, when you have more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Prayerquilter
    One cute idea would be to get a small tool box. Deco it up for her. Put in small screw drivers of assorted sizes. a hammer, small nails for picture hanging etc. These items will come in handy for sure.
    Good idea ... I did that years ago for my sister, and painted the hammer and screw drivers pink!!!

A small level would be a good inclusion.

I am sure they do not have any/or very little Christmas Decorating stuff, so do you have any projects that need just a bit of finishing. Or just a simple Chirstmas table runner.

Blog Entries
    why not make a pretty table runner, placemats, potholders

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast