Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some help

I like the dark purple. Depending on the charity, what if you appliqued something on the border. Hearts come to mind because of the color.

Quote Originally Posted by MTS View Post
    (sorry, I messed up the cropping and was too lazy to go back and fix it)

Here's an idea of what it would like with borders - darkest purple, med purple, med pink, lighter pink.

These borders are 10" (sides) and 3" (top/bottom) for a quilt that will be ~60x95

Attachment 390037 Attachment 390036 Attachment 390038 Attachment 390039
    So nice of you to add the border pictures for her to be able to decide. Any one of them would be beautiful as what she has to start with is gorgeous. I like the right side of both - the lighter purple or the lighter pink but it may look different when you look at the actual fabric choices you have. But you can see that the wide border is just fine. You did a beautiful job. Please post when completed.

Blog Entries
    I would add a very narrow border of a pink (solid-reading) and then the wide dark purple to frame it. If you added more bargello strips it would take away from the ribbon design in the center in my opinion. I would also not embellish the border for the same reason.
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    Your top is beautiful I would make borders purple and you could make narrower borders until it is the width you want it. Like 2-1/2" - 3-1/2" etc. I have done that many times. I think smaller borders will look nicer. You could finish with a 4-1/2" or 5-1/2 unfinshed last border.
    I agree with narrower borders, maybe different shades of purple. I find the wide borders make that gorgeous quilt look out of sync, at least IMHO.
    Dance like no one is watching

You could add a border of the purple, narrower at the top and bottom so as not to make it much longer, but wider and more in proportion....like a 2" border at the top and bottom, but a 6" border on the sides.....if you don't have enough of one fabric, then do a 1" on top/bottom, and a 4" on the sides, then do another border of another fabric, also doing a wider set on the sides.....JMHO....but it is a beautiful quilt and someone will be very happy with it

Power Poster
    ​I vote for the purple border too. That is going to be awesome finished! Your center looks wonderful.

Blog Entries
    Either one of the purples will work really pretty. JMHO. I love it.

It looks long and narrow, but if I would ever get a quilt that beautiful, I would keep it for a sofa cover 0r for a day bed. But it seams you need it now, I liked the purple boarder.

Blog Entries
    i like the lighter purple for the borders. you did a great job with the bargello
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Thank you all for the nice comments. Now I have several idea's to choose from. I have been lucky that breast cancer has not been in my family, but I have friends that have survived. It is a cause that I really care about. I did not know the lady that the event is for, but I guess she was very special to our community. I hope they will get a bit of money for this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast