Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some help

In addition to adding the borders, how about taking a little off the top to make the proportions a little better. Or would that completely destroy the design. Just a thought.

If I were to bid on it, I would certainly rather have it with the border the same size all around it even though it would be a longer rectangle quilt. I think the narrow border on the top and bottom ruins it.

I really like the dark purple border and I don't mind the difference the borders being shorter on the top/bottom than on the sides. Beautiful quilt!

Beautiful quilt!!! Boarders would look great in purple!

I like the size and I think that the design is what makes it work. A narrow border in a dark purple or black would finish it off nicely and then you could put a wider border in a pink.

I made this same quilt several years ago for our local shop's "Quilt Pink" weekend, if any of you remember that national promotion for pink quilts. Anyway, I just added a pink border, but NOT one of the pinks I used in the quilt, so the fabric didn't look like it ws running into the border.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Skowron, that is a very beautiful quilt! I vote for the lighter purple border MTS has shown you. That would be soooo pretty! OMG -- I just realized it's the Breast Cancer Pink Ribbon. I totally did not see that when I looked at the pictures before and by everyone's comments thought it must be the fabric that represented breast cancer. Duh!

I like the purple. What a beautiful quilt and it should do well to raise money. Love it!

suzzyquilter

Quote Originally Posted by skowron5 View Post
    I am making this to donate to a local charity event. The size of the quilt ended up being 45X89. I was unhappy with the size so I put it away and now need to finish this. I have been told to add a 10 or 12 inch med pink border and add some applique pink ribbons on the border.

I have this in my head as not looking right. I think it will look like I didn't want to finish the quilt so just added a big border.

I have seen on here where people have a computer program where they can add borders to show how it would look. If anyone has a program and could do that I would appreciate it.

I would like to add more bargello strips but I waited so long to finish this I can't get all the fabrics I used any longer. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate any advice.

I just can't see how it would look with big borders. It may be fine but I would like to see it. I can find 7 of the pink fabrics I used. Is there a way to add to it using only that amout of strips.
    I love, love the dark purple borders. The 10" sides and 3" tops. That really makes the whole thing stand out!

I would put a border of black about the size of the black in the quilt and then a border of one of the pinks
    and then a border of the purple. This would be like 2 1/2, 5, 7 inch borders. Audtion the fabrics before
    cutting them out to see which ones you like. Your quilt is beautiful and it would be a shame if you didn't
    finish it. Please show it again after you quilt it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast