Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Need suggestions on my 'ugly' quilt... please.

Blog Entries

Need suggestions on my 'ugly' quilt... please.

This is the quilt-top I made a few years ago and have decided to quilt it for an upcoming benefit for my aunt and uncle who lost their home to a fire.

This is the "Wind Blown Petals" pattern. I have never been at all happy with it. I classify it as the ugliest quilt I have ever made. Actually... I like the center part.....I'm thinking I need to change the borders as the entire quilt is so busy. Is that the problem?

I truly appreciate your thoughts and suggestions to change this 'ugly duckling' to a striking beauty.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Looks fine.

NE California - no where near the Bay Area!
    I like the center also and agree that the borders need to be different. What about taking the green outside border and moving it next to the blue border and binding the whole thing with the fabric that is between the blue and green border. To me, the green border gets lost and all that is seen is the blue and floral border.

Everyone will have a different view so do it how you like it. For me I would replace the green border with the Yellow fabric. I just like a softer look. I really like the quilt & love the colors.

Blog Entries
    If you have more of one of the blue florals, I would remove the green or cut it back to a narrow border, and then put on another blue floral border. The center part is very nice, it is the green border that needs changing.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Ranchwife. I agree... I believe the center needs to be "framed" with a solid fabric. Perhaps the green.... or the dark blue.

Quote Originally Posted by nena View Post
    Everyone will have a different view so do it how you like it. For me I would replace the green border with the Yellow fabric. I just like a softer look. I really like the quilt & love the colors.
    I agree! Also with multiple borders l like a "graded" effect. The flowered border looks the same size as the green. Depending on how big you need it, just remove the green border and bind it with either the blue or the flowers.
    Fay

Wanted: a job that involves raising cats, riding motorcycles and creating quilts!

I agree it looks fine the way it is but would be better with solid border.

I agree that it would be better with a solid border. Nice job.

Blog Entries
    until i saw ranchwife's post, i didn't notice the green border on the outside. i think it's the problem. if the size is OK without it, i'd just take it off.
    Nancy in western NY

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast