Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New iron ??? Oliso Pro Smart Iron or Euro Steam Next Generation >

New iron ??? Oliso Pro Smart Iron or Euro Steam Next Generation

New iron ??? Oliso Pro Smart Iron or Euro Steam Next Generation

Old 11-13-2014, 01:10 PM

Just found this old ad for Singer Australia and they list the Oliso for $299 in 2009! I wonder if anyone bought them for that outrageous price?

http://www.singerco.com.au/new-produ...uct-flyer.html
Old 11-14-2014, 03:19 AM

I love my Rowenta. I bought it just before I started quilting and it has been well used by me and my other guild members. I really love the stainless plate.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:28 AM

I have the least expensive Oliso, the blue one. Picked it up at one of the big sales at Jo-Ann's (the Thanksgiving sale maybe?) for about $50.00 (half-price). I really like that iron; it never spits water and it stays pretty hot. It does have auto-shutoff though.

I also have the Panasonic 360 iron which is cordless. I like that one too, but it doesn't get as hot as the Oliso.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:35 AM

Be careful some of these irons are prone to fires. I submitted a post but the moderator would not publish it--just be careful. I've had two iron fires both of the same manufacturer and I'm lucky to still have a house.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Suzie Busch View Post
Be careful some of these irons are prone to fires. I submitted a post but the moderator would not publish it--just be careful. I've had two iron fires both of the same manufacturer and I'm lucky to still have a house.
Thank God you (and your house) are OK.

That's the best reason I've heard of to have a fire extinguisher in our quilting room/space!
Old 11-14-2014, 12:37 PM

I bought the Oliso about 3-4 months ago. I went with the blue one (maybe it is the 1100?) - and I ordered it, I think from BedBath using the 20% coupon, so it was less than $100. I LOVE IT - because I don't have to stand it up , love the self-rising thingy, love the steaming (no spitting or leaking), love being able to fill it while it is flat and seeing the actual water level easily, and LOVE that it cuts itself off after a period of time so I don't have to worry about it if I have to leave it suddenly. Just my opinion. I have read about iron fires (don't know any specific manufacturer) but I always worry about anything plugged in - and I try to always unplug when I am finished - but like the cut off just in case.

(love
Originally Posted by PghPat View Post
I know where to go when I have questions about anything related to quilting or sewing.

I don't use a piece of fabric or sew a single seam without using my iron. I have decided to splurge and get myself a good iron. All the irons I have bought have worked but every one of them have some fluky thing that drives me crazy. Can anyone here give me their thoughts on this? Have you used either of them or known someone that has? I'd love your input!

Thank you! Pat

Last edited by Rennie; 11-14-2014 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Just needed to add to it.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:00 PM

I have an Oliso - it's extremely heavy and I just can't seem to get used to the idea that I don't have to set it up
Old 11-14-2014, 02:02 PM

I guess Im in the minority. I love my rowenta I got at Costco. Doesn't leak or spit. Plays very nicely.
Old 11-14-2014, 03:42 PM

I want to thank every one of you for all your input. I read and reread them all. I also spent LOTS and LOTS of time reading the reviews for both irons. In the end I bit the bullet and ordered the Oliso Smart Iron.....the upgraded one that doesn't shut off for 30 minutes. It is going to be delivered tomorrow - can't wait to try it out.

I will be sure and post (if there is an interest) about how I feel about it after a few days. I LOVE new gadgets. I am not buying fabric at the time - ha ha - but I never committed to not buying gadgets.

Thanks all! Pat
Old 11-14-2014, 05:41 PM

I have an Oliso and can't say enough good things about it. It took some getting use to not setting the iron on its heel, but now I absolutely love it. I had a Shark for two years that I thought was great, but two years is not a long life. The Rowenta was always my goal, but I'll take the Oliso over it any day.