Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Oliso pro Smart Iron >

Oliso pro Smart Iron

Oliso pro Smart Iron

Old 09-21-2015, 12:43 PM

Default Oliso pro Smart Iron

At the Bennington Quiltfest this weekend, I swore I would not buy one bit of fabric as we are clearing up our house to sell. I sold off a bunch of bags of scraps, and didn't buy any. But when hubby came for Sunday afternoon he ended up arranging the purchase of an Oliso Pro Smart Iron for me from a vendor quilt shop I go to sometimes. They are really nice folks and gave me a really good deal, less than Amazon charges, and of course no shipping. I never buy anything without researching really carefully, but frankly I knew nothing about this iron.

Has anyone used it? I'm hoping to hear good stuff about it. I just tried it and it heated up really quickly. Nice steam and steam burst. I love that you don't have to stand it up, but that weird little shrieky noise it makes when the feet go up and down is kind of annoying. Kind of like the backup signal in my Prius which I also love but wish it were quieter with that. Does the iron always sound like that? I didn't notice it when I played with the sample at the show, but it was a big gymn with lots of background noise so maybe I missed it.
Looking forward to my next project when I get used to not standing the iron up.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:43 PM

I had the Yellow one. . .enjoyed using it, though I wasn't wild about its puny steam abilities. I ended up giving it away when I bought my Relaboe i500. Congratulations . . .I'm sure you'll enjoy using it.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:43 PM
Power Poster

Try the search function. We discuss irons on a regular basis, including the Oliso. Maybe you will get more info
Old 09-21-2015, 02:57 PM

Hi

The noise when the feet goes up is always there... but I love my Oliso 1800..... loads of steam, gets hot quickly etc. I had to buy a converter (cost £100) as I live in the UK, but it was still worth it to me.

I hope you enjoy your new iron... just think..... no more burn or scorch marks!

Hugs

Caroline
Old 09-21-2015, 04:36 PM

I really love mine. DH laughs at the sound it makes, but I no longer even notice it.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:18 AM
Power Poster

I have heard good things and bad things about this iron. The more innovation they put into an iron, the more things can go wrong. But enjoy it, such a nice gift for your hubby to buy you.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:57 AM
Power Poster

If it was a gift then it doesn't matter the pros or cons about it.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:56 AM

Love/Hate mine. Only had for 3 months and the steam burst no longer functioned. Now I used this function so much that the image on the button was gone.

The Oliso folks were just great. First asking me to try a few things then had me send if off to their facility in San Francisco, they returned to me a brand new one in just a very short time.

Likes, while the Oliso was away I bought a cheapo black and decker and realized that the motion of setting the iron on it's end is really hard on the wrist. Love the steam burst, it's easy to fill with water, auto turn off.

Really the only thing I disliked was being without it.

Hope it helps, I'll get another one.