Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Oliso Smart Iron

Oliso Smart Iron

Has anyone tried the Oliso Smart Iron? You don't have to stand it on it's heel. I have seen good and bad reviews.

I don't have a review but I will be watching this thread. I need a new iron but don't know if I want to spend the $$ for the Oliso.
    Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

I have one....had it for a few years. I like it a lot. Even tho it turns off when not used....it heats up in no time. The only down side I have had is when I was at a friends house using her iron & ironing board....I left the iron down on the ironing board & sorta scorched her cover !! She doesn't have an Oliso.... Oops !

I have one and love it.

I like the extra long (12') cord
    I like the plate on it ... I've never scorched anything and I've been known to let my blocks "bake" a bit!!
    I like the weight ... it's a heavier iron which I like
    I like the fact that the auto shut off is a full 30 minutes
    I like that it heats up fast and ...
    I love that it STAYS hot

As for the feet ... I confess to turning them off most of the time, but when I need/want them, they are handy to have

BTW ... I don't use steam so I can't comment on that feature
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Blog Entries
    I don't have one, but I have seen them in action. I have a Shark and I love it! Mine also has the 30 second shut off and a stainless steel plate. It also heats up fast and stays hot. It's been over a year and no problems yet.

I have used an Oliso and I did like it. I am for any iron that has a longer wait time for shutting off than my Shark. Actually, that is the only thing about my Shark that I really don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabric Collector View Post
    I have one....had it for a few years. I like it a lot. Even tho it turns off when not used....it heats up in no time. The only down side I have had is when I was at a friends house using her iron & ironing board....I left the iron down on the ironing board & sorta scorched her cover !! She doesn't have an Oliso.... Oops !
    Ditto except I've always caught my error and picked the iron up before anything was scorched. Funny that it seems like an unreasonable hassle to set the iron up on it's side now...

I have one and love it. It's really nice if you have an ironing mat next to your sewing area. You never have to worry about it tipping over. But, as others have said, it's incredibly hard to remember to lift the iron when ironing elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabric Collector View Post
    yup - daughter & I did the same thing......at a quilt shop !!!! didn't scorch the cover but everyone knew what iron we had at home.

My husband gave me one for Mothers day, I really like it.

I haven't tried one - can't see what is worth $200. I think I would keep putting it on it's heel anyway, and would be afraid that I would forget to put another one up. Anyway, there was a great blog here about irons not too long ago and in the end the overall census was to buy the cheap (Black and Decker). I have a Rowenta and after a short period of time it started spitting and that was a major complaint in the blog of most expensive irons.
    God Bless Quilters and Sewers
    Marti

Have one, love it, couldn't live without it. Truly makes ironing fun!

Quote Originally Posted by scrapngmom View Post
    I don't have a review but I will be watching this thread. I need a new iron but don't know if I want to spend the $$ for the Oliso.
    I want one also, if anyone see them on sale, Please post on list.
    Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small parts. Henry Ford

They are only $168 on amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by MartiMorga View Post
    I haven't tried one - can't see what is worth $200. I think I would keep putting it on it's heel anyway, and would be afraid that I would forget to put another one up. Anyway, there was a great blog here about irons not too long ago and in the end the overall census was to buy the cheap (Black and Decker). I have a Rowenta and after a short period of time it started spitting and that was a major complaint in the blog of most expensive irons.
    $200? I have an Oliso that has the automatic lift, but mine was only (only, really?) 90$ish, so it must not be the one you're talking about. It's blue. I think there's a yellow one that's more, but I can't remember why.

Anyway, Ellifour, I'm pretty sure I saw the blue one on JoAnn's online for 89$ the other day.