Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Iron

Wrinkles in heaven don't sound right either ;-)
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

[QUOTEI recently bought a new iron - thought I got one without auto shut-off - appears I was wrong. Went and got the $8 Rival at Wally-World and love it! ][/QUOTE]
    Dang! I just passed on that $8 iron cause I thought something that cheap couldn't be good!
    http://www.thingsthatarenotperfect.blogspot.com/

When my Rowenta died, it certainly didn't go to heaven. Think flames. I bought a Reliable Digital Velocity V100 iron. You can put it in the "no shut-off" mode, or leave it in the mode where it shuts off. It's 1800 watts, and built so that it cannot leak. The steam is fantastic, though I usually iron dry.

Quote Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
    Irons in heaven? That just don't sound right ;-)
    There will be no irons waiting for me in heaven

You might want to try "Tuesday Morning" also. They are a discount store that sell household items and a little bit of everything, including quilt and art supplies. They don't have a lot of these, but their prices are great and quality is also usually very good. You can also shop on-line with them if there isn't a store near you.

Why not another Rowenta? That's what I have been using for many years and it doesn't have an auto shut off. Love it.

I bought a Rowenta nine years ago without an auto shut-off. It is still working fine. IMHO I will never buy an auto shut off Rowenta again! The three I had were short-lived. My other fav irons are the three I picked up at thrift stores...all Proctor Silex and love them! $3 each!

Jim
    HomeDepot also has an iron that I've heard many quilters like. No steam and no holes. Don't know the wattage.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by gotta-sew View Post
    Why not another Rowenta? That's what I have been using for many years and it doesn't have an auto shut off. Love it.
    I love mine too, works great!

Blog Entries
    well many, many quilters have complained about Rowenta's catching fire. mine was fine for years but finally blew out my power cord. no fire but it went into the trash. I have a Shark but am still looking for a good iron.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast