Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: New machine purchase?

New machine purchase?

Help me justify the purchase of a HQ Sweet Sixteen, its alot of money and all my quilting is for hobby, I have tons of unfinished projects, mostly quilt tops that I'm saving in anticipation of getting a sweet 16.

For all who have one, let me know if its worth it!

I don't have one but if you have the money and you want one then why not make the purchase?
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

My girlfriend just bought one in April, and she loves it!! I have tried it and I found it very easy to use. I do not like to machine quilt--I hire it done-- but if I did, I would definitely go that route because the machine is so easy to learn.

Yes, if you have the money, and it won't be taking money out of household needs then get one. WOW...they are so darned cute....I just loved seeing that sweet thing in action at the Quilt Festival this year. It was fascinating to watch the stitch regulator in action!

Oh man, you guys are too easy !! I would definitely have to set up a payment plan.

Blog Entries
    How much would it cost you to send your stack of quilt tops out to a long arm quilter to be quilted?
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Blog Entries
    If you are talking about the HQ Sweet Sixteen sit down model shown here http://www.handiquilter.com/product/hq-sweet-sixteen/ I say go for it. I would absolutely love this machine.

Quote Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
    How much would it cost you to send your stack of quilt tops out to a long arm quilter to be quilted?
    Don't want to send them out, the reason I made the quilt tops and wall hangings is so that I can quilt them myself. I just put off the quilting, with the mind set that someday I will get a long arm. Just trying to justify $5k for a hobby.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerudy View Post
    Don't want to send them out, the reason I made the quilt tops and wall hangings is so that I can quilt them myself. I just put off the quilting, with the mind set that someday I will get a long arm. Just trying to justify $5k for a hobby.
    I m no help, I am right where you are now.
    I am on the fence between a long arm and a new DMS, the DMS I want is 3200.00 - the new Brother. I could quilt on it, but I can't decide between going the route of DMS quilting or long arm. Pros and Cons of both. I get nervous when I hear people talk about how much is involved in getting the quilt loaded on the frame, adjusting the tension, and on and on.
    But you have to baste the quilts when you do them on the DMS and I hate that and but I don't know if I can handle wresteling the quilts on a DMS either. So confused.

I looked at the sweet 16 too. I use a friends bailey right now and love it and she's leaving next year, now I can't live without a longarm. For the same price as the sweet sixteen, Baileys comes with a frame and stitch regulator and can be used on a table top.....I'll be watching this to see what you decide. I'm buying one or the other in the spring.
    *Rachel*

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast