Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New machine ? >

New machine ?

New machine ?

Old 11-08-2015, 04:57 AM

Walmart has a 90 day return policy. After that they refuse to take anything back...receipt or not.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:11 AM

I have never bought an extended warranty on anything I have purchased. In my opinion they are a waste of money. So far I haven't regretted it.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:14 AM
Power Poster

I don't know of any machine dealer that will take back a machine with no question after one day much less three months. If the machine gives you any doubt at all take it back before three months. I don't buy the extended warranty on anything. Have fun with you new machine!
Old 11-08-2015, 06:15 AM

Just make sure you fill out and send in the registration card.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:26 AM

the warranty's from walmart aren't worth the paper they are printed on...been burnt on that a few times....plus if the machine gives you a problem just take it back and ask to exchange it...friend of mine did that and upgraded at the same time...for a better model and hasn't had any problems... I have 2 brothers and never had any problems and both are several years old now.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:40 AM

Most financial advisers agree extended warranties are not worth the money they cost.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:10 AM

I have a 6 year old Brother SQ9000 from Wal-Mart and have never had a problem with it. I also bought a Brother 1034D serger from Amazon and I've never had any problems with it either. I never buy the extended warranty on anything. I've not heard good things about extended warranties but that's not to say there aren't some good ones out there.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:48 AM

I wouldn't buy the extended warranty. Most of those plans are designed to make the warranty plan seller the money and not benefit the purchaser that much. I turn them all down and figure I am way ahead on my money if something does happen to one of my purhcases. Just my two cents worth for the day.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:12 AM

The one time I bought an extended warranty was on a van which was new for the manufacturer (it really paid for itself because it took the warranty from 36K miles to 100K and a few items went out later) and on a product new to the market, i.e.: electronics. (Both were Apple Care for an i-pod and the i-phone when it was brand new, and both times it paid for itself.) Sometimes all the bugs aren't worked out yet. But if I am buying a tried and true item, I don't waste my money.
There was a report somewhere saying the warranty plans are mega money makers for the stores that sell them. You really need to read them, look at the price. We bought a dishwasher one time, they tried to sell me the extended warranty for almost the cost of the machine.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:14 AM

I bought mine five years ago and it gets lots of use and I have never had a problem with it. I didn't buy the plain with it as you have to pay to send it in somewhere to get it fixed and pay postage for the return. It would cost you almost the price of a new machine to do all that.