Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New OSMG >

New OSMG

New OSMG

Old 10-16-2018, 12:58 PM

Default New OSMG

I'm so excited! I lost my OSMG who was an Old Sewing Machine Girl and have been looking for a someone to work on my older machines. I heard at quilt guild that one of the women's husband worked on machines. She was at the Bee I go to and gave me his contact numbers. I took the Rocketeer to him today and he told me it would be a couple days! Wow, the last time I took the Bernina in to the dealer to have its yearly checkup, they had it for 3 weeks. I was impressed with the short turn around especially considering that he had sewing machines and sergers everywhere in his workshop. He had several Bernina sergers and I asked him if he worked on Berninas. It turns out he used to be a Bernina dealer. I'm going to take my serger to him to clean and oil (it's been years) and also my old 930 that I have had some problems with. I'm just so happy to finally have found someone to work on my machines. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed he's as good as people told me he is.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:39 PM

Maybe wait until you get your first one back before taking the others in ? I had changed to a different place for servicing... and then found out that they used the same "fellow" I had been using for years... was not impressed.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:32 PM

The great thing about vintage machines is that you can service them yourself. I only take my computerized machines in to be serviced because I have to. Good luck I hope it works out for you!
Old 10-17-2018, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Ariannaquilts View Post
The great thing about vintage machines is that you can service them yourself. I only take my computerized machines in to be serviced because I have to. Good luck I hope it works out for you!
I do the basics myself, but with 7 machines, working full time and showing cars besides quilting, if I tried to do my maintenance myself I'd never get any sewing done. I am more than willing to pay others to do things so that I have more time to quilt.

And, yes, thimblebug I'm going to see how he does on this machine before I take him others. I have talked to several people who have used him and they all spoke highly of him so I feel like it's probably a good bet that his work is good.