Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Oh, Halp! Fabric won't feed on my Bernina! >

Oh, Halp! Fabric won't feed on my Bernina!

Oh, Halp! Fabric won't feed on my Bernina!

Old 08-12-2012, 01:29 PM

I just had this same problem, also on my Bernina 1005, that I've had for about 20 years. The answer from "seweasy" was my problem. I had lint clogging something up somewhere. I couldn't easily open up the machine but just kept digging with my brush and using canned air and lint kept coming out. I ran the machine at some point and could see that the feed dogs were now going up and down and also more back and forth than they had been. So I put it all back together and it worked! Yay! Thanks seweasy!
Old 08-12-2012, 01:48 PM

You may not have pressure on your pressure foot, check that.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:03 PM

Check your thread also. I once had a loop get caught on the feet and it gave me much problems.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:32 PM

Yay! That's great to hear.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:31 PM

Default Did you find answer?

This just happened to my Bernina 1005.I have tried everything I can think of.

Were you ever able to find an answer? Or, did you have to take it in.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:49 PM

This is a bit dated, the OP (original poster) took their machine in for a tune up and it was working fine after that.

I have to take my modern 820 to the shop (using the same model number for two completely different machines is just not sensible!), I used it hard the past year and it is also due a tune up. Another member here on the board had the exact same thing going on with their machine. Basically both of our machines worked fine one day and then without changing anything they didn't the next. I've done most of the maintenance type things I can reach. I'll look for that thread to see if they fixed it themselves. People reported in that although the error message was showing in one place, it could be a thread in the bobbin area, but again, I did all the normal cleaning and resetting things. My car was in the shop for almost three weeks and then it was Christmas and taking it in is on the list of things to do soon.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:37 PM

One of my favorite things I've ever read about sewing machines was one where a lady took her machine in for a tune-up because it the feed dogs weren't working. Came back, worked great, but she called the repairman and asked why he took out the felt pad under her feed dogs and didn't replace it. He was pretty puzzled, as there isn't a felt pad under there, until he remembered *which* machine it was. It was the one that looked like it had never been cleaned under the feed dogs, ever in its life. That "felt pad" was the compacted lint of the ages, lol. I just love that story.