Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Oh, I Hate it When I Have to Wait

I have tons of batting. I have loads of fabric that I COULD sew, but the tops that are done, and ready to be quilted, I cannot play with because I have to wait until I get some backing fabric. I want to work on the Boxed Squares that I named "Candy Shoppe". Now I could be working on several other things including one in a frame and one in a hoop, but I really want to do this one.

Jeepers it's just like one of the cats. 32 toys scattered across the living room and little paws are searching for something that rolled under the couch.

Am I the only one who is like this?

The grass is greener, we always want what's out of reach. I don't like waiting very much either. I have this itch to sew a quilt, but I don't have enough fabric to get to it yet! I've been buying little bits here and there, but mostly have stuff that would not match or coordinate with each other. So, I wait... Maybe I'll play those numbers and get lucky lol

I'm the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston1954
    I have tons of batting. I have loads of fabric that I COULD sew, but the tops that are done, and ready to be quilted, I cannot play with because I have to wait until I get some backing fabric. I want to work on the Boxed Squares that I named "Candy Shoppe". Now I could be working on several other things including one in a frame and one in a hoop, but I really want to do this one.

Jeepers it's just like one of the cats. 32 toys scattered across the living room and little paws are searching for something that rolled under the couch.

Am I the only one who is like this?
    LOL No you arent the only one....Kids always want to play with the toy they dont have or that someone else is playing with....My dog is like the cat you mentioned.

Don't you just hate it. I have loads of fabric in my stash, but nothing matches for a quilt. I have made myself promise that the only quilts I will make, has to have at least 1 of my larger fabric pieces in my stash.

At least that is how I feel/think when my husband is in the room looking at all my fabric.

Blog Entries
    I'm waiting right now. I bought some fabric today. Wanted to come home and get busy but waiting for it to come out of washer.
    And yes, I hate it when I open my cupboard to a thousand scraps but nothing goes together.

I'm that way to at times..

I'm the same way. I need to push myself to finish the quilt tops I have now. The problem is I just got two new quilt kits from Connecting Threads and I want to do those. :cry: :cry: :cry: :roll:

I have a quilt kit from Connecting Threads also and would like to get started on it, Daughter gave it for Christmas. I have to FMQ a quilt for Son tomorrow and some housework and in the works, i am going to make a baby quilt for Grand Daughters' friend and then make her a queen size quilt, then maybe I can start the quilt kit. I plan to make lots this year.

Yep -- I'm the same way :D :D (Am also glad to hear that I'm not the only one!! :lol: :lol: )