Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Okay, New Day Dawns, New Goals Set >

Okay, New Day Dawns, New Goals Set

Okay, New Day Dawns, New Goals Set

Old 10-20-2010, 03:37 AM

So, if you have been following my threads, the weekend was not kind to me, nor the beginning of the week. Well, I woke up at 5:30 this morning, couldn't go back to sleep, and decided this was a sign that the week starts anew in the middle, this being Wednesday and all. The fish has been buried, the tank cleaned, and ready to start a new life. So today I am going to move the fish from the sewing room to the living room. I'll then have more room for sewing machines. I am going to work on my Christmas table runners! And I am not going to set goals beyond that, because the goals always get messed up. What are your new goals? Remember, we are starting our week with Wednesday this week.....
Old 10-20-2010, 03:46 AM

my goals for toDay...

Continue cutting and sewing the blocks for my mom's quilt.

lol...

oh and Laundry! (Clean Underwear are important.)
Old 10-20-2010, 04:47 AM

My goal for today - after work, supper and dishes - go downstairs and pin my table runner for quilting - time is going fast and Christmas is only 2 months away - not a long list to do, but one large quilt to quilt is on the list. I gotta get moving.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by katyquilter
My goal for today - after work, supper and dishes - go downstairs and pin my table runner for quilting - time is going fast and Christmas is only 2 months away - not a long list to do, but one large quilt to quilt is on the list. I gotta get moving.
Did you have to remind me that thing about Christmas?!?!?! Well, I got the fish moved and the tank emptied of water. All I have to do now is get the stones out and the rest of the mess in the bottom out, and off to the garage the tank goes. Then I am going to sew!!!
Old 10-20-2010, 05:00 AM

I am going to work on a picnic quilt that I have about half done. It is for a raffle in December. Hoping to complete it today. Then at quilting tonight I have to trim place mats and bind a quilt. Still have 3 more to bind before Christmas. After that it is a modified log cabin out of Christmas flannels. In between, I am hand sewing binding on some runners. I could go on and on, cause my to do list is never ending.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:06 AM

My goal for today (after work), is to continue to make my first Warm wishes quilt.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:07 AM

I have three days off in a row (never! - but I might get called in). But my goal, without fail, is to get the binding on the baby quilt and make sure I like the borders on Daddy's sampler before marking it for quilting. I'd like to get it basted, too, during this bout of good weather (spray baste). Also I'm gonna bite the bullet and transfer many of my "wish list" buys to my "cart" on Hancocks site.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:27 AM

My husband is out of town so it is a quilting day for me! My goal is to work on a quilt that is a Christmas gift for a friend. It has been giving me fits & I have done more ripping than on any other. It is the only big Chirstmas gift I am doing. Other than that I am doing some little pot holders & things.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:48 AM

My sewing buddy Melinda(met her on this board) is coming today and we are going to sew or maybe just drink coffee and visit and fondle fabric. Its going to be a nice day! :-)
Old 10-20-2010, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Lynnejean
My sewing buddy Melinda(met her on this board) is coming today and we are going to sew or maybe just drink coffee and visit and fondle fabric. Its going to be a nice day! :-)
Have fun. I'm jealous!!