Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Okay, New Day Dawns, New Goals Set >

Okay, New Day Dawns, New Goals Set

Okay, New Day Dawns, New Goals Set

Old 10-20-2010, 06:07 AM

Got the fish tank all done and gone! Set my Designer I up in the sewing cabinet that held the fish tank. It is an old Singer cabinet. Now I am putting the labels on my QFK's and am going to run them to the post office. Then sew!

Space, I have space
[ATTACH=CONFIG]110439[/ATTACH]

and look what it does
[ATTACH=CONFIG]110440[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-110434.jpe   attachment-110435.jpe  
Old 10-20-2010, 06:30 AM

My quilting day started early this morning. Like Grann, I woke around 5:30 a.m., so started putting the sashing on my BOM blocks. Unfortunately, real life gets in the way of quilting, so Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work I go. Won't get back home until 6 p.m., at which time I will be able to finish up the sashing and decide how I am going to lay out my blocks. If all goes smoothly, I'll be able to join all the blocks and decide on a border.

What I REALLY need to do is start organizing my retreat projects. I guess that'll be Thursday night, as the retreat starts Friday morning.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:25 AM

Doing laundry, messing on here, and sewing!
Old 10-20-2010, 09:36 AM

Well, I started out with the goal of finishing the FMQ on my sister's baby quilt. I got that done, took less time than I expected. So my new goal is to bind the baby quilt and also bind a charity quilt I have sitting here.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:21 AM

Dry my eyes - Get off computer and try to find help to keep 13 yo son from getting bad grades in Science and English because he won't turn in assignments. Any suggestions? I have already talked to teachers - my son - my husband - took away son's egames, phone, etc.

I would try quilting my day away but he does take first priority. Help! All suggestions welcomed.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:50 AM

What is it with 13 yr. old boys? Our son started doing that in his two English classes and it drove me crazy. He went from an A to a C in 3 weeks. I knew he was doing the assignments because I was checking them every evening. So Dad (Mr. Mom at the time) wemt to the school and talked to the teachers, counselor, vice principal, and basketball coach. Then he told our son that if he couldn't manage to turn in his assignments on time, Dad would come and sit in the classroom with him and make sure that he turned the assignments in. Picture the look of horror on our son's face <LOL>. When he learned that Dad had the approval of the teachers, counselor, vice principal and coach, he promised to turn everything in. By the end of the 6 week reporting period, his grade was back up to an A. We never had that problem again.

My husband was a HS drop out, though he later got his GED, so he understood the value of the education our son was wasting much better than I did.

Good luck.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Got the fish tank all done and gone! Set my Designer I up in the sewing cabinet that held the fish tank. It is an old Singer cabinet. Now I am putting the labels on my QFK's and am going to run them to the post office. Then sew!
That's a much better use of the sewing cabinet! :wink:

As for me, once I get home it's change out of my "school clothes" then make dinner. My sweetie will surely wash the dishes for me. I need to prep some things for tomorrow's class, and then I hope to be able to do some quilting. Perhaps I will quilt more blocks on the wedding quilt OR will stitch down the binding on a small lap quilt OR will quilt yet another small lap quilt OR maybe I'll just chill. Nah!! I really should do some sewing!! :roll: Decisions, decisions!! :|
Old 10-20-2010, 11:33 AM

Well, let's see.....

1. Get home from work
2. Change clothes, feed fish, clean cat box ( :| ), look through mail
3. Call Mom and arrange to meet at church tonite
4. Go to church tonite
5. Kiss hubby as he leaves for work from church
6. Get home by 9:00
7. Spend 90 minutes in the sewing room trying to get something, anything, done.

This has been my constant list of To DO every week night for the past 2 weeks...just substitute "quilt guild" or "Sewful Sisters Group" for Church. WHEW!!!! :shock: :shock:
Old 10-20-2010, 11:33 AM

Quilt and bind the first of two quilts I am making for my eldest grand-sons.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sharonsews
Dry my eyes - Get off computer and try to find help to keep 13 yo son from getting bad grades in Science and English because he won't turn in assignments. Any suggestions? I have already talked to teachers - my son - my husband - took away son's egames, phone, etc.

I would try quilting my day away but he does take first priority. Help! All suggestions welcomed.
Been there done that. He is 13!!!! That's what they do!!! My DGS is now 14 almost 15 and in 9th grade. He had a terrible time with 13. He is in all advanced classes and loves school now. My boys were all like that. They DO grow up! And mine are all very successful in spite of having been 13 at one time. Relax!