Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Pay it Forward

Blog Entries
    Ok, this might sound weird, but I read someone who wrote the following " Pay it Forward"... can anyone explain what that means , to someone who has no idea? haha..

You give something to somebody before you need something.

Clear as mud?

Blog Entries
    Rather than pay someone back for what they have done for you. You do something kind, helpful, thoughtful to someone in need or a stranger etc. Like someone helping me with a flat tire. I tried to pay him. He said to do something nice for someone in the future.

It means to do something good for someone. And hopefully, they'll do something good for someone else. It becomes a wonderful social statement about all of us caring for our fellow humans.

Hey, you never know..this stuff might stop wars that have been going on for centuries. Sure worth a try. Why be thoughtless when you can be good?

There's a lot of paying it forward on this board!!!

Blog Entries
    I get it now ! Guess I have been paying it forward for along time now, since I love giving more than I do recieving. Seriously, I have had to learn to recieve something without feeling obligated to return something in exchange.. Been a hard thing to accomplish, but I am doing that.. But , my drothers would be to Give, give, give because I love knowing someone might be blessed in recieving a surprise, too! thanks to those who made it understandable!

Blog Entries
    Random acts of kindness.

And remember, it doesn't have to be "stuff" to qualify for Paying it Forward. You can give other things from your heart. Your time, compassion, your thoughtfulness, advice, friendship, kindness, etc. We all have a lot to share. And it doesn't cost you a cent.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by erstan947
    Rather than pay someone back for what they have done for you. You do something kind, helpful, thoughtful to someone in need or a stranger etc. Like someone helping me with a flat tire. I tried to pay him. He said to do something nice for someone in the future.
    that's what I understand it to mean too

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chele
    It means to do something good for someone. And hopefully, they'll do something good for someone else. It becomes a wonderful social statement about all of us caring for our fellow humans.

Hey, you never know..this stuff might stop wars that have been going on for centuries. Sure worth a try. Why be thoughtless when you can be good?
    I LOVE what you wrote about this. Absolutely perfect!! :thumbup:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast