Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Positive Remarks >

Positive Remarks

Positive Remarks

Old 11-16-2011, 12:26 AM

People make the forum a nice place more so than the format. Same nice people. Same nice forum.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by zoeytoo View Post
I guess people who want to learn how to use this site should and those who don't should not. If my shoe is tight I say ouch. Your foot won't hurt so you won't say ouch. People who expressed frustration or displeasure are saying ouch...it gave them pain. If you do not feel frustrated or displeased you are fortunate. Many times improvement comes when people are honest and express their thoughts pro or con. I never think con is negative just a way of trouble shooting in a search for what feels good. I hope we have sympathy and understanding for those who are not adjusting to this immediately. Helping has been common among members here. I am so impressed with the people who share what they know about quilting so perhaps that hand could reach out to help people through this adjusting time? If I could not turn on my sewing machine I bet someone here would be patient with me and help me with my problem. So in this instance some of us are not operating this site well and will appreciate help in doing so. Let's pull together, not divide into who is positive and who is negative. There are pro and con opinions for all areas of life. That is why we are a democracy and succeed. We respect the right of everyone to feel what they feel and say what they need to say. Thank you for reading my opinion. I will master this bucket of bolts but I will need patience and time...and some kind hand holding please. Thank you.

Thank you so much for expressing your thoughts about the board changes so well. I am having trouble with some things and have tried all of the advice and just given up because I figured I'm just too stupid to learn it.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:04 PM

There are a lot that haven't given up yet, and are plugging their way through. I think the posts will pick up again once the "posters" feel more comfortable and can navigate the board.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:12 PM

For me it quickly stopped being about the software changes. I'm a message board junkie and have been to pretty much every type of board. They can all be learned in time. For me it was about the people who said they wish the complainers would just go away, that some people are only happy if they're complaining, that maybe the people who were having trouble would just quietly drift away-things like that. I must be naive because I was shocked that so many people were so mean to the ones who were having trouble. Not to mention all the posts I've had deleted when other posts that were similar were not deleted. So I lurk a little because to be honest I did like a lot of the QB people but I find I'm just losing interest the more I read how the people who are unhappy with the changes should just go away.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:27 AM
mim

I just went into your website -- your pix are awesome !! I never got to Ireland when I wandered around the UK -- I wish I had -- I missed so much. Thanks for sharing
Mim
Originally Posted by irishphoenix View Post
Hi-just wanted to say how much I am enjoying the cream background on the messages. I have Lyme disease and it has affected my eyes so I cant tolerate anything too bright on the screen..this creamcolour is such a gift- I can stay on here now for much longer and can read the text really well, font size and layout good too. Thanks all!