Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pounce Pads (been doing some experimenting)

Banned
    Good for you. Great tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Loretta
    Curious about this iron off stuff- do you have a name brand for the product? Thanks!
    My local quilt shop carries a product by Miracle Chalk. It comes in markers and chalk with a pounce pad. They have a website miraclechalk.com. I've used the marker and it does iron off easily. I haven't used the pounce pad yet but they were demonstrating it at the quilt shop and it looked very cool! :thumbup:

Melissa..glad to hear there are more 'pounce-people' out there like me too:))I love that little gadget!:))I have more fun w/it. Like you, when hand quilting it can rub off easily and the instructions suggest (if I remember right) to lightly spray to hold markings. I personally haven't but, am sure it is a good thing. I just repounce if I need to as I go. I love it to use on my machine too by using stencils for machine quilting. Maybe we need to make up a jingle for them w/all this pouncing away:))Skeat......who wants to get another to hold the blue chaulk...great idea too!:))

Be sure and check out Full Line Stencils. they are the best since they have a mesh instead of cutouts. The pounce works better and less mess too.

I love using my pounce with the templates. Couldn't get my pencils/markers down in the cutouts to make the design. Great idea with hairspray. I sometimes would just go back over the design with my chalk pencil. Will have to try that idea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2