Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fathers Day Quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fathers-day-quilts-t124542.html)

candykisses31061 05-20-2011 04:31 PM

Fathers day is coming up any ideas?

Candykisses31061

Jennifer22206 05-20-2011 04:35 PM

My Dad died in 2007. Still don't have the heart to finish the one that I started for him for Fathers Day 2007.

I'd make an assumption that Warm Wishes, Turning Twenty or a D9 or D4 P are quick and easy and good for dads. :D

candykisses31061 05-20-2011 04:46 PM

Im so sorry I just need ideas for my hubby

maryb119 05-20-2011 04:47 PM

My DH and I have a great way to celebrate Mothers day and Fathers day. It started several years ago when he gave me a weed whacker for Mothers day. I thought I could get mad... or get even so for Fathers day, he got an expensive quilting book. We laughed so hard that we do this every year. Last year I got a pipe wrench....(I'd been needing one of those) and he got a bracelet. This year, I got a two step step lader so that when I wash the truck, I can reach the top. (I never wash a vehicle, he does). He will get an embroidery CD from Dacota Collectables with muscle cars from the 60's and 70's on it. It takes all the stress off and we can just enjoy the day.

erstan947 05-20-2011 04:47 PM

My DH loves his oversize throw I made for him a few years ago:)

Lucymae 05-20-2011 04:50 PM

How about a scrppy quilt with lots of interesting fabric in it?

Jennifer22206 05-20-2011 04:53 PM

Mary - I love your idea. :D

and no worries. I just cook for my DH on fathers day. :D

kriscraft99 05-20-2011 04:58 PM

I made my hubby a pillow from a shirt of my daughters that he loved on her when she was little. It was a printed t-shirt that had a silly saying on it "boys are icky"... he loved that shirt on her so I put a cotton fabric back on it and stuffed it - he loves that pillow and it is just a throw pillow for our bed :D

If he has some favorite shirts that he has outgrown - you could make him a t-shirt quilt from them.

bamamama 05-20-2011 05:00 PM

My Dad has never been much of a sports nut but he does love Alabama Football. I thought I'd make him an Alabama Lap quilt this year.

Bonbonary 05-20-2011 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119
My DH and I have a great way to celebrate Mothers day and Fathers day. It started several years ago when he gave me a weed whacker for Mothers day. I thought I could get mad... or get even so for Fathers day, he got an expensive quilting book. We laughed so hard that we do this every year. Last year I got a pipe wrench....(I'd been needing one of those) and he got a bracelet. This year, I got a two step step lader so that when I wash the truck, I can reach the top. (I never wash a vehicle, he does). He will get an embroidery CD from Dacota Collectables with muscle cars from the 60's and 70's on it. It takes all the stress off and we can just enjoy the day.

You sound like you have a lot of fun together. Your idea certainly works for me!