Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Got in a slump (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/got-slump-t91297.html)

skavanau 01-17-2011 07:19 AM

I dont know whats the matter with me. Ever since Christmas Ive only sewn for maybe a day. Its like I think about patterns in my mind but I dont "get up" and do anything. Anybody every have this happen.

Cyn 01-17-2011 07:20 AM

Yes, I do but I haven't found an answer to it yet !

suebee 01-17-2011 07:21 AM

All the time!!! :) I started to make a list and Im starting with #1 and stickin to it. Good luck.

Hey, I just noticed you are from Gilbert. We are in Mesa! We lived in Gilbert for 10 years, downsized and ended up in Mesa. Are you going to the quilt show at the end of this month??

fidgety 01-17-2011 07:21 AM

almost every day now since xmas. I think my getup and go got up and left... :-(

skavanau 01-17-2011 07:24 AM

Thats exactly how I feel. I love to quilt but its like I have no energy, no motive to do anything. And I have stuff, lord knows I have stuff I can do, but nothing.

skavanau 01-17-2011 07:25 AM

OF COURSE Im going to the quilt show. And I live in Mesa now to. We had to downsize....

raptureready 01-17-2011 07:26 AM

I think it's because we all worked so hard to get things done before Christmas and were used to working under a LOT of pressure from every direction--the house, the sewing machine, the kitchen, the stores. Now the shopping, cooking, cleaning, sewing, etc., is all done and the pressure's gone. We've used ourselves up and need some time to re-fuel. The best thing I've found is to go on a retreat, take a class, go to a quilt show, or something like that to get yourself back in the mood. (I'm leaving for a weeks retreat early Friday morning).

raptureready 01-17-2011 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by skavanau
OF COURSE Im going to the quilt show. And I live in Mesa now to. We had to downsize....

You guys should get together since you both live in the same town now. Maybe you could car pool to the show. Maybe a luncheon get together and mini-shop hop would get you both in the mood to start in again. Sounds like so much fun I wish I lived in Mesa too.

Sandy-lou 01-17-2011 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by skavanau
I dont know whats the matter with me. Ever since Christmas Ive only sewn for maybe a day. Its like I think about patterns in my mind but I dont "get up" and do anything. Anybody every have this happen.

its called quilters block, mine is sorting and looking at patterns but no sewing takes a while to get back into the swing. Try a a small project then once you start yo wont want to stop.

irishrose 01-17-2011 07:35 AM

No problem with the quilting - of course, I had an upcoming birthday to motivate me, but I have no energy for housekeeping or cooking. My dogs make sure I walk them. The house is starting to speak me to. Right now it says 'get these Christmas decorations out of here.'