Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How much time daily do you spend on Quilting Board? and what do you look at first? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-much-time-daily-do-you-spend-quilting-board-what-do-you-look-first-t205961.html)

liont 11-14-2012 08:01 AM

In the morning, after my emails. On and off when taking breaks throughout the day.
I go to the pictures first!

cad_queen_2000 11-14-2012 08:06 AM

I usually go to "Main and check out all the ones that I haven't read before.

thimblebug6000 11-14-2012 08:13 AM

LOTS of time, would probably get some UFOs completed if I didn't. I start on the Archives page with the In Search of; then Main; then Pictures.

vkasal 11-14-2012 08:24 AM

I read the email threads first then will get on the board and go through each category, I probably spend at least 1-2 hours a day on the board. It is so inspiring and I've learned SO much!

Lori S 11-14-2012 08:54 AM

My routine once out of bed , is start up the computer , Get my work e- mail open( I office from home) , then open the quiltboard and paruse the topics in main, then check for anything of interest list in for sale, then photos.. then other sections but in no particular order.
I have been known to surf this site when on particularly boring work conference calls.... but SHHH don't tell .

Toni C 11-14-2012 09:04 AM

LOL WAAAYY to much time. Usually first thing in morning with coffee then throughout the day then before bed. Sometimes I hardly get anything else done in the day I'm embarrassed to say.

Sierra 11-14-2012 09:11 AM

I guess, as a retired person I'm pretty average. I have fibromyalgia (spell?) and don't move well in the morning, so my DH brings me a simple breakfast in bed and I eat and sip coffee for the usual 1-2 hours and then get up and get at my quilting (if life doesn't get in the way).

sandy l 11-14-2012 09:12 AM

Read Archive, not much time for any of the others

jo ford 11-14-2012 09:52 AM

About 1 hour first thing in the morning and several times during the day as I check my emails. I consider it time well spent because I use the info. It's like having a good friend. I have put many hints to use, enjoyed hearing others who have the same mishaps as I have, privately celebrated with success stories, and just plain good advice. Also use several of the recipes. I work as a volunteer in a thrift store that benefits the homeless. We have many vintage and orphaned sewing machines donated. I check them out, clean & oil, etc. Hints here are a big help with that.

Tashana 11-14-2012 11:29 AM

My iPhone and I have coffe in the morning with QB - messages, main, pictures, Secret Santa thread. I come back often during the day especially while waiting for kids to finish dance, gymnastics, etc. if it was not for the IPhone I would rarely have time. And of course, before bed I check to see if I missed something important. You never know!