Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Long arm quilter disaster (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/long-arm-quilter-disaster-t146846.html)

Love2Quilt 08-21-2011 03:15 PM

A friend of mine sent a beautiful baby quilt to the long arm quilter to have it done. This quilt is for her soon to be grandchild. Upon receipt of the quilt, the quilt is so badly quilted that it she cant give it to the new grandchild. When the quilt was given to the quilter it was perfectly square(the quilter commented on that). It has pinwheels, appliqued animals and shashing. The sashing since being quilted is no longer straight, the applique animals are puckered, the quilt is no longer square. As a fellow quilter I couldnt believe the condition it came back in. So my question to you is. Should she ask for the money back from the quilting. I say yes. Should she ask for the money that it is going to take to replace the fabric? What would you suggest she do?? Thanks

hmay60 08-21-2011 03:25 PM

Ask for her money back. Take out the quilting, will probably take a while. And have it quilted by someone else. Or ask the long arm quilter to remove the quilting.

dunster 08-21-2011 03:27 PM

That is terrible, and I feel really bad for your friend. She should definitely let the quilter know that the work is unacceptable, and perhaps ask the quilter what remedy she suggests. Would it be possible to remove the quilting and then have it re-quilted, or is the top completely ruined?

sahm4605 08-21-2011 03:28 PM

I would ask for the money back and take the stitches out myself. I would also look for another long armer.
my question is how long and how good was this long armer supposed to be?

luvstitches 08-21-2011 03:28 PM

I removed all the stitching from a baby size quilt and it was fine and ready to be re quilted. I would ask for your money back and pull the thread yourself.
Sorry to hear about this. I wonder why it turned out that way.

craftybear 08-21-2011 03:29 PM

ask for her $$$ back

Originally Posted by Love2Quilt
A friend of mine sent a beautiful baby quilt to the long arm quilter to have it done. This quilt is for her soon to be grandchild. Upon receipt of the quilt, the quilt is so badly quilted that it she cant give it to the new grandchild. When the quilt was given to the quilter it was perfectly square(the quilter commented on that). It has pinwheels, appliqued animals and shashing. The sashing since being quilted is no longer straight, the applique animals are puckered, the quilt is no longer square. As a fellow quilter I couldnt believe the condition it came back in. So my question to you is. Should she ask for the money back from the quilting. I say yes. Should she ask for the money that it is going to take to replace the fabric? What would you suggest she do?? Thanks

orangeroom 08-21-2011 03:30 PM

Oh how sad. I agree, she should return and simply state that the work done was not acceptable. She can then ask what to do. If they don't refund her money or make amends, then she needs to have the paperwork on her person notifying them that she's going to be contacting the better business bureau.

Cyn 08-21-2011 03:32 PM

ASK FOR MONEY BACK :)

Granny Quilter 08-21-2011 03:34 PM

get her money back pluss some for the aggrevation. Take out the quilting, (a long hard job) and hand quilt it. It can still be beautiful.

tealfalcon 08-21-2011 03:42 PM

Def ask for money back. So sorry this happened