Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   For Mimisharon and Husband (Sharon don't peek) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/mimisharon-husband-sharon-dont-peek-t3770.html)

Chele 01-07-2008 07:19 PM

Diamonds, your block is really beautiful! Nice fabrics! You have to autograph it! That way Sharon will know it's from you! Even your initials in a corner. Don't you dare mess up that pretty thing! LOL! I doubt you could. Really pretty block! KUDOS! I love it!

Chele 01-07-2008 07:21 PM

Snowb and ShellyQ, you guys amaze me! Perfect piecing and extra touches. You know Sharon will be so thrilled. Did you send Kleenex with those blocks? They are so pretty! :D :D :D

DonnaRae 01-07-2008 07:49 PM

Diamonds, How about Silver or Gold ink for a signature in the middle block. That would be really pretty.

Diamonds 01-07-2008 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaRae
Diamonds, How about Silver or Gold ink for a signature in the middle block. That would be really pretty.

I did try that :lol: It has Diamonds on the back in the center block... Definately not what I thought it would look like. :( .. I was very relieved I did not try it on the front first...

OnTheGo 01-07-2008 11:16 PM

DonnaRae~~ Sorry to hear you had to go through cancer sugery, but please know that cancer is no longer a death sentence. A lot has been learned since those days. I, too, have had cancer...mine was the vocal chords. I had my first surgery for it in 1995, then it stayed dormant (it was in the membrane, but wasn't spreading) until 2001. I took both chemo and radiation for 7 weeks. I have since had some basal cell cancers removed from my hand and wrist. My medical oncologist dismissed me in June, 2007. I still see my surgeon every 4 months, but I'm cancer free.

I refused to read all the info that well-meaning friends sent me about cancer, but instead watched funny movies and shows and laughed. In fact, sometimes I had my doctor's in stitches. I was never sick from the chemo, although toward the end of treatments I was really tired. However, I finished treatments in Aug., 2001 and we took the grandkids to Disney World in Oct. and I rode every ride. I had also gotten a total knee replacement in Jan., 2001 so that was a memorable year for me even without 9/11.

Take care of yourself.

Feathers 01-08-2008 02:39 PM

On The Go: How uplifting your story is. I hope if I'm ever faced with something so scary I have your spirit, outlook and positivity. You go, girl!

Feathers

snowb 01-08-2008 02:58 PM

Chele, Thank-you so much for the compliment. If I were in Sharon's shoes, I would probably need a whole carton of kleenex. LOL :!: It is amazing with the same pattern & color scheme, how different & beautiful the blocks all look. :thumbup: :roll:

Minda 01-09-2008 08:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my block for Sharon and Roy.

Sharon's Block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]3903[/ATTACH]

nanabirdmo 01-09-2008 11:49 AM

minda, your block is georgeous. i love the fabric.

ShellyQ 01-09-2008 12:06 PM

Minda, your blues are stunning :thumbup: . Thanks Chele, I'm not very good with words in this sort of situation so it's real nice to be able to do a little something for her.