Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tell me what you will be sewing tonight? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tell-me-what-you-will-sewing-tonight-t211930.html)

EdieClay 01-25-2013 10:37 AM

I just finished 48 blocks and was so excited. Now I am going to spend the rest of the weekend trying to figure out how to square them up so I can finish the quilt ... not happy! Don't know exactly what went wrong. I was careful with my cutting and sewing ... or so I thought. Oh well, I'll make a template of the correct size, then spray with starch and press. Hopefully, I can salvage them.

ArtsyOne 01-25-2013 10:52 AM

I'm sewing the alphabet borders onto my third I Spy Through Attic Windows tonight. Only one more of these quilts left to make and then I can start on the list of others that photos on this board have inspired me to make. But first, this afternoon I'm headed to the fabric warehouse because I need a fix.

0tis 01-25-2013 10:56 AM

I have so many - but I think I will finish the binding on a baby quilt (I received the money yesterday - gotta get it done) then I have a scrappy trip along quilt I have been working on and finally I am working on a hand project - one of those ideas I had about learning new things and breaking free out of my box of comfort - I have a Tula Pink quilt kit that has over 1000 pieces that I am hand piecing - I am enjoying it - but only work on it at night while watching tv or long car trips.

dash2000lbs 01-25-2013 12:12 PM

Starting a quilt for my grandson ..bday feb 15

Wintersewer 01-25-2013 12:46 PM

I am going to work on the binding for my great niece's quilt. That is my last to finish and then I will start a small baby quilt for my husband's co-worker.

MissSongbird 01-25-2013 12:51 PM

I wish I had time to work on something tonight. But I'll be spending my time doing homework and then I'm going dancing later on tonight....I also have have to get my hair cut too...I almost forgot.

But if I had the chance, I would probably be working on cutting up some fabric for quilt I'm not really sure I want to make yet (the fabric is poor quality so it will likely sit in the trash or my closet whatever I decide to do with it).

QM 01-25-2013 12:53 PM

I started a quilt for a very special friend for Christmas, then got really sick. Now I am ready to quilt the borders.

jcrow 01-25-2013 12:55 PM

I am cutting muslin for my Jenny Doan Big Star Quilt. I did have some cut, but found I didn't have enough after I was more than halfway through cutting. She didn't give measurements on her YouTube video. Now that I have her pattern in Quilting Quicky, I know what I need. Hopefully, I can get all my cutting done today and maybe even start sewing on it!

Shelbie 01-25-2013 01:07 PM

I am sewing the binding on an I Spy quilt for my DGD's big girl's bed. She is 18 months and can climb out of her crib so it's time for the big move. My quilting buddy gave me a whole little baggie of cut 3 1/2" I Spy fabrics so I made a nine patch with turquoise alternate squares. It's simple but cute and I used Hobb's Polydown batting as it will probably be loved and washed to bits.

CoalTownQuilter 01-25-2013 01:26 PM

I'll be piecing blocks for my Easy Street quilt while watching Quilt Cam!! Quite a way to go yet until completion. I'd say I'm 1/4 of the way done!!