Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rhonda - Inchie Quilts >

Rhonda - Inchie Quilts

Rhonda - Inchie Quilts

Old 06-07-2009, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Originally Posted by mkanderson
Are the "Inch" Quilts the same thing that they call "Postage Stamp" Quilt???? If so, I have started cutting the squares out of some of my scraps and putting in a baggie to start on "one of these days"!!
Mary I have an easier way(wouldn't you know!) to make the postage stamp squares. Basically you sew 4 pieces together and then cut out a 4 patch and then you can sew the 4 patches together to get the same look. You can cut strips and there is no! waste. Just a thought before you cut too many if you want to try my way. Rhonda
Easieris always better in my book!!! Thanks I will try that! Some of my "scraps" are just about the right size! I am even keeping the edges that I cut off at the ends and using them for filler for my granddaughter's stuffed animals that I am going to make for her.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:28 PM

Some make their Inchies a little bigger as Big Inchies 2x2.5 or2x3 sometimes you get to change things how you like them!!!
Old 06-08-2009, 02:41 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Mary I have an easier way(wouldn't you know!) to make the postage stamp squares. Basically you sew 4 pieces together and then cut out a 4 patch and then you can sew the 4 patches together to get the same look. You can cut strips and there is no! waste. Just a thought before you cut too many if you want to try my way. Rhonda
There you go - adding to my TO DO list again! Might try this for the Japan doll quilt swap....I can say that here can't I? Panda won't tell! :D
Old 06-08-2009, 04:30 AM
Banned

Here's a tutorial on inchies . Annie

http://featheredfibers.wordpress.com...chie-tutorial/
Old 06-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Loretta
An inch quilt seems impossible- I can't seem to even get inch border/insets to work right! whew!
When you add a border that needs to be an inch just cut the border wider and after you sew on the border trim it to the size you want it to be. Sew easy!!! Just watch your seam allowance so it is even all along the border.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:11 AM
k3n
Power Poster

If you want to do a 1/4" border - especially effective in a dark colour as an inner frame - you can cut a 3/4" strip, sew to the top with a 1/4" seam as usual then press this seam towards the skinny border - this seam allowance gives you a ridge to guide your foot as you sew on the next border, giving you a perfect 1/4" border. I haven't tried it yet - I saw it in a book!